MOBIUS Trip

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby GreatPumpkin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 am

GuyllFyre wrote:Don't expect anything spectacular but you will get enough good sound to fill a Teardrop.

That's all I need, good sound for the Teardrop. Don't need/want to "share" my sound with any neighbors while camping. ;)

Thanks!

JB
Custom Benroy/Grunman/Hybrid...In Progress
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 am

GreatPumpkin wrote:Thanks for the tip Zach, I hadn't even thought about the power requirements (or really even knew!) I will have to check into a small amp - any recommendations for a low cost option?
When I want music in the garage, I just plug my iPod into some speakers I have out there - that set-up is two speakers and a sub that must have a built in amp, as it requires plugging in to an outlet.

Yeah, If you have to plug it into the wall, then there is some sort of built in amp.

Heres a cheap 2-channel amp that would work. I may actually end up using this same setup. I had a Legacy amplifier before, and while it certainly wasn't anything special, it worked great for the price!

http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-LA120-Chan ... lectronics

Heres the manual for the amp:
http://legacycaraudio.com/manuals/LA120.pdf

If you look at the manual, it will show you the inputs for the amp. You have 2 options - Low Impedance (High Level Input) & High Impedance Input (Low Level Input - RCA Plugs).

You would use the cable you have now (3.5mm to RCA) and plug the RCA into the RCA jacks on the amp. Then on the other end of the amp, you would wire your 12V+ and your ground. In order to turn the amp on and off, you could get a simple toggle switch and connect one terminal to the "Remote Switch" and the other terminal to your 12V+, and mount the switch near your 3.5mm jack.

If you decide you want to go this route, I could sketch up a diagram for you.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals