San Antonio, Texas Tear Build #1

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby 2bits » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:34 pm

You seem to always do well in the fall, your posts all only seem to be in the fall over the past three years with am impending campable date. I hope you make it to your gathering this time, you deserve it!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

SA Tear Drop First Adventure

Postby SATEAR » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks Thomas for the comments! Yes, it has been a long time, to long! Well, we finally made it in a campable teardrop trailer. My son and I went out this weekend for a scout campout to Canyon Lake, Texas. Great drive up and set up in camp.......but then.......... Thunderstorms and Lightening and Rain, Rain, Rain......... I can't win! We had rain all day today as you can see by my Tarp Covered Tear Drop Trailer. The troop finally had to call it quits since the rain was not letting up so we packed up and headed home. At least we had her out overnight! We traveled through pouring rain for 1 hour from San Antonio. Imagine that! The first ever time she has been out of the garage and I take her through pouring rain! We'll we managed to get through is with 2 small easily fixable leaks. I guess that is plenty! We are off next weekend to try again, hopefully a sunny weekend! Here are the pics....enjoy! Gabe

SATEAR
Teardrop Advisor

SA Tear Drop First Adventure

Postby SATEAR » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks Thomas for the comments! Yes, it has been a long time, to long! Well, we finally made it in a campable teardrop trailer. My son and I went out this weekend for a scout campout to Canyon Lake, Texas. Great drive up and set up in camp.......but then.......... Thunderstorms and Lightening and Rain, Rain, Rain......... I can't win! We had rain all day today as you can see by my Tarp Covered Tear Drop Trailer. The troop finally had to call it quits since the rain was not letting up so we packed up and headed home. At least we had her out overnight! We traveled through pouring rain for 1 hour from San Antonio. Imagine that! The first ever time she has been out of the garage and I take her through pouring rain! We'll we managed to get through is with 2 small easily fixable leaks. I guess that is plenty! We are off next weekend to try again, hopefully a sunny weekend! Here are the pics....enjoy! Gabe

SATEAR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:11 am

From what I hear, rain in Texas is to be celebrated! Go camping again, and if it rains, you will be a hero! :thumbsup:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:01 pm

My second ever camping event was the same way... couldn't get out of the teardrop for anything except but to run to the restroom, which ironically and luckily they placed us right next door to, small blessings :)

It is good to get the rain test out of the way though! Congrats on the maiden voyage!

Hey what is the name of the park you camped at Canyon Lake (if it was a park) I like how it is rural looking....
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Hey Thomas

Postby SATEAR » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 pm

The park at Canyon Lake was a military reservation only available to scout troops. We have some of the parents that are retired military and we are able to camp out there. It is nice and rural along the lake area. They also have some cabins around the lake.<hr>
This weekend we are going out to Lyndon Johnson State Park in Johnson City, Texas. They are having the annual flower seed sowing. Hope to see some TD's out there!
<hr>
This week I am going to get my fenders painted Red to match the rims and add some weather striping for the doors and hatch to keep out those small pesky leaks!
Gabe
SATEAR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Cool, yeah I figured it was something special.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals