Kamp King last pics, journal is complete.

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Kamp King update, sides in yellow, next is roof

Postby dodgedartgt » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi Doug,

Just read this thread start to finish...REALLY nice! May I suggest using the black pin stripe at the top of the silver stripe, but using yellow pinstripping on the lower edge? That way you'd have black/yellow and yellow/charcoal. I think both would be stand-out.

Mike in FL
dodgedartgt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Wow! Bright and Night!
:o
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Steve E » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Anxious to see it up close. Beautiful paint job! Thought about coming up today but traffic coming thru PVille would be nightmare with the 4th traffic....Will get up there soon........Looking gooood!!!! :)
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Got some striping on and the side graphics. Plan is for tomorrow morning to start on the paint on the rear and the roof. The thing is, in addition to not having any room and short on light, I've also got a shop across the road from me. If he smells the paint I vent, then he could potentially call the law on me. I probably need to step up to the whole water based stuff, but for as much as I paint don't know if it's worth the hassle. Most everyone kind of turns a blind eye to those of us that are garage painters, unless you're doing it as a business. I've had the cops here before when painting, it's an embarrassing issue. The guy across the street also has the '62 Boles Aero that I'd like to have. Doug

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:54 pm

doug hodder wrote:Got some striping on and the side graphics. Plan is for tomorrow morning to start on the paint on the rear and the roof. The thing is, in addition to not having any room and short on light, I've also got a shop across the road from me. If he smells the paint I vent, then he could potentially call the law on me. I probably need to step up to the whole water based stuff, but for as much as I paint don't know if it's worth the hassle. Most everyone kind of turns a blind eye to those of us that are garage painters, unless you're doing it as a business. I've had the cops here before when painting, it's an embarrassing issue. The guy across the street also has the '62 Boles Aero that I'd like to have. Doug

:thumbsup: Very nice, Doug.

I hope your vent blows the fumes to the back of the property and not towards the front! Does your neighbor go to church? If so, plan to do the painting while he's gone to church. Or, give him tickets to some game for a sport that he likes. Or....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Kamp King got some stripes on and a logo.

Postby harleykamper » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Heehe. I just put two fans in the garage entrance, closed the door down into them filled the gaps with plywood and went to work....Actually, never thought it might be illegal...Oh well, done now. My neighbor came over and checked out the paint job. Most my neighbors are really cool and DIY'ers themselves..... ;) I'll watch for the pics... :applause:
Paul & Marilyn Moon
2008 anniversary edition Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Ultra Classic
Kustom KlamShell tent Trailer. (In build now)
The ClamShell Tent Trailer Build Journal viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54531
harleykamper
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:18 am

Paul...the advantage you have is that you are in Nevada and you may or may not be living in a regulated area...they are much more forgiving than Ca. You can't pass gas here without filing an environmental impact statement. Of course, the illegals that were living in the house next to me, burning their household trash, including plastic diapers etc...well, that seemed to be OK. I'm glad they're gone now. I do most of my painting starting at 4AM...cooler temps and everyone is asleep still. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bdosborn » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 am

doug hodder wrote:You can't pass gas here without filing an environmental impact statement.

Well that explains why the cops where sniffing around our campsite on our last California trip. :lol:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby stonykill » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:06 pm

I just discovered this thread. This is simply incredible work! I love all of it, the classic shape, colors, reuse of defunked trailer parts. Love it all. Great job!

I am working on my 1st build now. Plans for at least 2 more in my head. A new addiction has started.
stonykill
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:31 am

Yesterday I got the drip caps on, sanded the front roof and rear lower portion. Started way early this morning, pulled the tongue jack and dropped the tongue to the ground so I had some room to spray the top front and it brought up the rear for easier painting. Sprayed 2 colors of primer and 2 colors of paint. Today I'll epoxy seal the bottom edge of the wood on the sides, install the bracket for the rock shield on the front window, and maybe some clearance and porch light. Doug

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby down under tech » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Beautiful work like usual Doug... It will be a jewel when finished.
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby working on it » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:41 pm

I wasn't paying proper attention to your build, so I just thought this was a different one:
DSC00006.jpg
DSC00006.jpg (4.2 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
DSC00010.jpg
DSC00010.jpg (4.45 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
Wow, what a difference! That's a great color scheme! Your work is a revelation, and inspiration to a hacker like me.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 pm

down under tech wrote:Beautiful work like usual Doug... It will be a jewel when finished.

+1

working on it wrote:That's a great color scheme! Your work is a revelation, and inspiration to a hacker like me.

+1

It is always a pleasure to see "The Master" at work, be it on a camper or WGA.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby 3nero » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:17 pm

That would look so good behind my van 8)

Can't beat black and yellow :R

Nice job :applause:
Measure once, cut twice....throw away and repeat.
Image Image

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=55971
3nero
Teardrop Master

Postby KCStudly » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Oh, that is so meant to be!
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals