Northwestern Build - Updated 7/4/2010 - Done!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby wlivesey » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 am

A roof?!?!?!? Dang, I knew I was forgetting something!
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby WayneFromMo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Do we have any updates?

Wayne
The only thing keeping anyone from being a genius is motivation- Albert Einstein
My build
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=31105
WayneFromMo
Teardrop Master

Postby wlivesey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:52 pm

WayneFromMo wrote:Do we have any updates?

Wayne

Man, it's only been 6 weeks since my last post and I'm already getting harrassed for updates. Geez! :lol:

The cold weather has really slowed me down but I've managed to get the aluminum completed on the non-moving parts. Now I've got to move on to the hatch, door and upper half of the rear wall.
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby WayneFromMo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Hey, I watch 3 guys build a 3br, 2 bath, 2 car grage, 1600sqft house around the corner in 6 weeks. They started in Nov, and finished before Christmas. Take something for that lazy bug and get ready for some spring time cammping. The weather will be nice there real soon. I know I lived in Sulphur Springs for awhile.

Wayne
The only thing keeping anyone from being a genius is motivation- Albert Einstein
My build
WayneFromMo
Teardrop Master

Postby wlivesey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm

WayneFromMo wrote:Hey, I watch 3 guys build a 3br, 2 bath, 2 car grage, 1600sqft house around the corner in 6 weeks. They started in Nov, and finished before Christmas. Take something for that lazy bug and get ready for some spring time cammping. The weather will be nice there real soon. I know I lived in Sulphur Springs for awhile.

Wayne

Ok! ok! Man, you don't pull any punches do you?!?! I'll have some updates this weekend despite the forecast for freezing temps.
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Bill,

I really want to see the details of how you handled that step under the hatch... so yea, I am looking forward to pics too!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby WayneFromMo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 pm

You know I've been studying my trailer problem. I think I'm going to have to move the axel back about 12". :cry: That should solve my bounce problem when traveling down the highway.

So my question would be did you use the axel locator spreadsheet from this web site?
:roll:

Wayne
My build
WayneFromMo
Teardrop Master

Postby aggie79 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:43 pm

wlivesey wrote:Man, it's only been 6 weeks since my last post and I'm already getting harrassed for updates. Geez! :lol:

Bill,
Has it really been six weeks since my wife and I stopped by? At least everyone is asking about your TTT.

wlivesey wrote:The cold weather has really slowed me down but I've managed to get the aluminum completed on the non-moving parts. Now I've got to move on to the hatch, door and upper half of the rear wall.

Me too! I bought one of those portable propane heaters like you have and it helped take some of the cold away. I just need to convice Linda that I can do some epoxying inside the house.

I look forward to your update!

Tom
Last edited by aggie79 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby wlivesey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 am

mikeschn wrote:Bill,
I really want to see the details of how you handled that step under the hatch... so yea, I am looking forward to pics too!

I'll post some pics of it soon. I ended up having to make some compromises that I hope to go back and correct at a later date. I'll explain more when I post pics.

aggie79 wrote:Has it really been six weeks since my wife and I stopped by?

I think it has... I've gotten some work done since then but I haven't posted pictures. It seems like I get just a little bit done each week. It never seems like enough to share... Now that I'm moving on to the hatch, I'll post some pictures soon.

aggie79 wrote:I bought one of those portable propane heaters like you have and it helped take some the cold away. I just need to convice Linda that I can do some epoxying inside the house.

They are nice little heaters... I think I'm going to pick up some extension hoses so I can hook them up to a large propane cylinder. I've been going though those little 1lb cylinders like candy.

WayneFromMo wrote:You know I've been studying my trailer problem. I think I'm going to have to move the axel back about 12". :cry: That should solve my bounce problem when traveling down the highway.

So my question would be did you use the axel locator spreadsheet from this web site?

Wayne

I did use the spreadsheet. I also used "The Compact" plans to double check calculations. It's got the same floor plan and very similar overall size. I sure hope it tows without issues...
Last edited by wlivesey on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 am

wlivesey wrote:
aggie79 wrote:I bought one of those portable propane heaters like you have and it helped take some the cold away. I just need to convice Linda that I can do some epoxying inside the house.

They are nice little heaters... I think I'm going to pick up some extension hoses so I can hook them up to a large propane cylinder. I've been going though those little 1lb cylinders like candy.

I picked up a device at Harbor Freight that lets you refil 1lb bottles from your 20lb bottle. Pretty neat! You can only get them maybe 75% full, but it is a money saver!
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=45989
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby planovet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:I picked up a device at Harbor Freight that lets you refil 1lb bottles from your 20lb bottle. Pretty neat! You can only get them maybe 75% full, but it is a money saver!
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=45989

Nice! :thumbsup: I'm going to get one of those...
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 am

The instructions for use are rather hard to understand, poor translation from Chinese. Just remember that you connect the two bottles, flip the 20lb bottle upside down, and open the valve. I have been meaning to build a little stand for this purpose. The 20lb bottle is a bit difficult to juggle.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:37 am

wlivesey wrote:
mikeschn wrote:Bill,

I'll post some pics of it soon. I ended up having to make some compromises that I hope to go back and correct at a later date. I'll explain more when I post pics.

aggie79 wrote:Has it really been six weeks since my wife and I stopped by?

I think it has... I've gotten some work done since then but I haven't posted pictures. It seems like I get just a little bit done each week. It never seems like enough to share... Now that I'm moving on to the hatch, I'll post some pictures soon.

WayneFromMo wrote:You know I've been studying my trailer problem. I think I'm going to have to move the axel back about 12". :cry: That should solve my bounce problem when traveling down the highway.

Wayne

I did use the spreadsheet. I also used "The Compact" plans to double check calculations. It's got the same floor plan and very similar overall size. I sure hope tows without issues...

Nothing like teardrop peer pressure to get ya' up and going - maybe Tom and I need to stop by drink some beverages in your driveway and heckle you? Not that we would actually do that - but we could if needed (we'd probably just help out in some small insignificant way) BTW - if you buy one of those adapters from Harbor freight - just be sure do don't carry it by the electrical cord! :lol:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby wlivesey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:51 am

Ok folks (Wayne), it's 27 degrees outside and "feels like" 18 degrees. Despite the cold, despite my loathing for it, I'm heading out to garage to get some work done on my build. If you're reading this from inside your nice warm house, sipping coffee and enjoying the indoors on this bitter cold winter morning, just remember - i don't like you. Not today. Today, I don't like you very much at all.
:R

I'd better quit stalling and go fire up the heaters... :cry:

Scott, Tom, If you're going to heckle and drink beverages in my drive way, would you make 'em hot and bring me one???

Expect some updates this evening.
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby WayneFromMo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:29 am

wlivesey wrote:We made some progress today. We stopped working earlier than usual - it's too stinking hot outside... The heat index was about 105 degrees when we threw in the towel. We might, however, head back out there this evening after it cools off. By "cool", I mean back into the upper nintys. :?

Believe it or not, that's 1/4 inch Oak plywood on the bend. We scratched the lexan window idea...

The weather never works right when we want it to. ;)
Hey, you now have Air Conditioning.

By the way Tom needs to get back to work as well. Don't make go over your thread and start in, Tom. I know your reading this.

Wayne
My build
WayneFromMo
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals