My new not so tiny trailer... "The Chalet"

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby 2bits » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Hey Cliff,

I have been in my house for 5 years, so while the paint is still fairly new, it will not show good as it is. I know what you meant though, you are talking about "staging" which I plan to do. My spare room is packed literally from floor to ceiling with boxes and junk, and my master bedroom is converter into my computer room/recording studio. Not to mention I need to get a cleaning crew in here to get rid of all the cob webs and clean down to the base boards and make it look pristine again. I am not going to do too much, but selling as-is would not be a good idea. I also have to fix a bunch of stuff around here first too. I am moving my cabin out of the backyard next Thursday, so yeah I gotta do things in order. Thanks for thinkin of me though!

;)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:53 pm

2bits wrote: My spare room is packed literally from floor to ceiling with boxes and junk, and my master bedroom is converter into my computer room/recording studio. Not to mention I need to get a cleaning crew in here to get rid of all the cob

So, downsizing to your new "Chalet" is going to be an emotional struggle, isn't it? :thinking:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:
2bits wrote: My spare room is packed literally from floor to ceiling with boxes and junk, and my master bedroom is converter into my computer room/recording studio. Not to mention I need to get a cleaning crew in here to get rid of all the cob

So, downsizing to your new "Chalet" is going to be an emotional struggle, isn't it? :thinking:

I bet he could emotionally release some of that stuff in a yard sale and pay for more renovations at his new crib! ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby GuyllFyre » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
Cliffmeister2000 wrote:

I bet he could emotionally release some of that stuff in a yard sale and pay for more renovations at his new crib! ;)

eBay and craiglist can do wonders for releasing the emotional burden clutter causes.

I know because I've literally cleaned out thousands of items out of my house in the past few years trying to get the house ready for sale.

Looks like he's much further along in much less time than I am. He doesn't have a child support payment, I bet.
Things I have for sale on craigslist:
http://albany.craigslist.org/search/?ar ... catAbb=sss

Things I have for sale on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/seansmith
GuyllFyre
Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Loking good Thomas. :thumbsup: It will look even BETTER when paid off. :applause: We love paid off . Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 pm

LOL.,... this is the room I was talking about...

I call it my eBay room, because when I was a carpenter a few years back, I literally lived off of eBay and craigslist as my sole source of income for three months. Since then I have developed an obsession with boxes and packing material. When you ship alot, those "peanuts" become gold. So I won't be having as much of an emotional separation as I will be just doing a little "three springs" cleaning!

Oh and yes... NO child support payment....
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:35 am

Very nice!! Can't wait to see more pics.
:applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby PhotoGuy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:17 pm

nice idea. I really think you are onto something here. Major don size and live happy. Something I think I might just look to before i retire..

Cant wait to see more photos and info. Good luck on the land. 8)
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:20 am

Hey Granni and James, I forgot to thank you for your replies!

I am one step from entering stage two which is moving. I have alot of my extra furniture for sale on CL and I am lucky that I can move what I need in stages. I am NOT getting rid of my 1977 Millennium Falcon model though so don't ask! :lol:

I got the rest of the blinds installed in the bay window and the carpet guy couldn't go it this weekend, so it could be done any day now, then moving begins. I am ready!

Here is a pic of the bay window blinds installed... I will still have alot of baseboards and trim to do, but I can do that anytime after I move the bed and the cable internet LOL...

Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am

2bits wrote: ..., but I can do that anytime after I move the bed and the cable internet LOL...

Yup! Something to sleep in, and something to keep you from sleeping! :thumbsup:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Thomas, I would at least temporarily tack the baseboards in place now, before the carpet is installed. The carpet tacking strips are installed against whatever upright surface is there; and, if the baseboards aren't already down, you'll have to put them down on top of carpet. Alternatively, you might tell the carpet guy to use a small scrap of the baseboard to judge where to put the tacking strips.

Your choice of color combinations in your living room is beautiful. There is just enough white to keep the green and wood tones from looking too dark. Good job! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby steve smoot » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:27 pm

I like the new place, Thomas. Looking very nice. Hope I can find something with as much possibility after I sell the mountain house. :thumbsup:
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Thank you Steve, this is definitely a change of pace in the right direction.

Sharon, Thank you for the input, I was planning on putting the base boards on top of the carpet. Hmm Is there a "Rule"? I was treating them like the wood floors in the kitchen I guess. Is the a problem with doing it that way? I don't want to reinvent the wheel, but I love questioning the status quo, so you get me to thinking. Luckily, I have an 8 foot leftover piece I can use to step off the carpet. dang and I thought I was done with prep! haha

Yes the first words my mom (expectedly) said were: "it's going to be dark" like that wasn't what I was after! I knew I didn't want emotionally dark and I knew the tan would bring it right out. I have wanted this exact theme since I ever thought about such a thing, and now I have it. It is a long time coming.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby steve smoot » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 am

Morning Thomas,

If I may suggest how to install the baseboard. Take a piece of the left over wood flooring from the kitchen, and cut in to small pieces (like 2" wide) and use them as spacers to "raise" the baseboard up to the same level as your kitchen floor is now. Set the baseboard on these spacers. This will make the transition between carpet and wood flooring look nice. It will also make the carpet installation easy.

Steve
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby GuyllFyre » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 am

Baseboards are normally installed before the carpet because the tackless strip is to be placed a certain distance from it for proper installation of the carpet.

It's also easier to paint it without messing up the carpet if the carpet isn't installed yet.
Things I have for sale on craigslist:
http://albany.craigslist.org/search/?ar ... catAbb=sss

Things I have for sale on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/seansmith
GuyllFyre
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals