My 1977 18' Scotty HiLander Trunkback

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm

:o :thumbsup: Love the window film. It is absolutely beautiful! Wish I had a place to use it!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 am

I've used this type of film in my house too. I had some frosted film left over and used it on the garage window in my son's new home. Let's the daylight in but you can't see in. I think I'm going to put new cabinet doors over the dinette/booth and I may cut out the center and put glass or plexiglass in. If I do, I'll use the rest of the stained glass film to cover it. Gotta get my money's worth out of it. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:23 pm

After going back and forth with wanting, not wanting to refurbish my Scotty, I've decided to sell it. I listed it on Ebay today and hopefully will get it sold. In the meantime, I am happy to say I am the proud new owner of an another old Scotty...a 1977 Scotty Highlander trunkback! This one is in perfect condition - no wood rot anywhere and it's a little bigger than my other one. I've enclosed a few pictures. I'm trying to download the interior photos but having some glitches. It is perfect! I went look at it today and made him an offer. He/they will store it until I sell my other Scotty.

It has a real bathroom/shower, an RV rooftop A/C, a furnace, a water heater, gray and black water tanks, a 30 gal. fresh water tank, a fold down bunk, a dinette and a trunk. I'm very pleased with my purchase...yeah!! :)

Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Congratulations! It looks good! :thumbsup: How much does it weigh and what will you pull it with?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks Sharon! I'm not sure of the weight but it is 18' long from tongue to bumper, where my other Scotty is 15'. I'm pulling it with my 2008 Ford Escape SUV 6 cyl. I don't think I'll have a problem. This new/old one has brakes so I gotta get that set up on my Escape. Also gotta get the wiring harness changed...SUV has a 4 flat, Scotty has a 7 round. I am so excited Sharon! I still love the one I have but I just find myself not wanting to spend the time fixing it. I want to spend my time camping instead. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby TinKicker » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:23 am

Congrats! Looks very good! You won't know what to do with all that room. :thumbsup:
Might even tempt the hubby into loving camping. :lol:
Have fun!!!!
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 am

:applause: :thumbsup: Looks beautiful Becca! I know you will have lots of fun this summer. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Ageless » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:06 am

Congrats! yer movin' on up! The Escape should do fine. I towed a 15 footer thru the Rockies last year with a Ranger V-6 with no concern.

Ya know, you gotta add yer own personal touches to the interior
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:07 am

Kelsey, Miriam, thank you! I already have an offer on my other Scotty!! Brian and I went outside and measured the driveway and he said he's going to add 8' on the side so I can keep it out of the driveway and he can finally park without having to move out of the way for me (I stay in the garage) 8)

Brian's excited that I will have one I won't need to do a thing to but he hasn't mentioned going camping with me. He's such a home-body! But that's ok...I like "me" time away and secretly, so does he. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am

Ageless wrote:Congrats! yer movin' on up! The Escape should do fine. I towed a 15 footer thru the Rockies last year with a Ranger V-6 with no concern.

Ya know, you gotta add yer own personal touches to the interior

Yes I am! I can't wait to make it my own. Whoever had this (they are 3rd owners) sure took care of it. Bob and Carla, present owners, installed an RV A/C on the roof that will freeze you out. It has so much stuff...I love stuff!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Just wow! That Highlander looks like it's got what,,,, 2 stories, 2 bedrooms, a coupla bathrooms, den, living room, game room, spa, exercise room,,,, ??? Just kiddin' ya, it looks really, really sweet.

I can't wait to see pics of the interior and how you've chosen to decorate your new toy. Congrats! :thumbsup:
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 pm

G, it definately has a lot more than the one I'm selling. It feels like a mansion! :D. I'll post interior pics as soon as I can.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Wow Becca, it's truly a beautiful thing. :beautiful:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby SIXTOTWO » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 am

Yay You!!
Looking forward to seeing the inside!!
Congrats!
Q
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:59 pm

I SOLD MY SCOTTY.....I SOLD MY SCOTTY!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Now I can go pick up my newest old Scotty Highlander!!!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals