My 1977 18' Scotty HiLander Trunkback

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Gage » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Good for you Becca. Your not going to know what to do with so much room. :lol: Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Just as a side note. I sold my boat over the weekend. :cry: Just had to many projects.
:?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Becca,

Now we won't have to squeeze 5 into a teardrop, we can party at your place. :MLAS
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Gage wrote:Good for you Becca. Your not going to know what to do with so much room. :lol: Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Just as a side note. I sold my boat over the weekend. :cry: Just had to many projects.
:?

Thanks Gage! I'm really excited about the new old one. I really loved the one I just sold but I knew I wasn't going to be able to fix it like I wanted to. So, now I won't have to do anything to this one, with lots more room. It even has a real bathroom! It's so cool!

Sorry to hear you had to sell your boat. :( I still miss ours.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Becca,

Now we won't have to squeeze 5 into a teardrop, we can party at your place. :MLAS

Steve, whodda thought you could squeeze 5 adults in a Teardrop!! That was so much fun... :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Cajun Lady wrote:

I SOLD MY SCOTTY.....I SOLD MY SCOTTY!!!!!!!
Now I can go pick up my newest old Scotty Highlander!!!

Becca, you must live right! You listed your old Scotty on the 17th and sold it on the 21st? That's good! :applause:

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your new trailer! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 am

S. Heisley wrote:Cajun Lady wrote:

I SOLD MY SCOTTY.....I SOLD MY SCOTTY!!!!!!!
Now I can go pick up my newest old Scotty Highlander!!!

Becca, you must live right! You listed your old Scotty on the 17th and sold it on the 21st? That's good! :applause:

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your new trailer! :thumbsup:

Sharon, what's so cool is that I had 82 people "watching" the auction on Ebay but no bids yet. I had at least a dozen emails with serious questions and 2 couples come look at it, the second couple making a full offer. When I took it off of Ebay last night, I immediately had an email from someone wanting to know why it was not for auction anymore. I probably would have made more money if it went to auction but I'm not money hungry and I am glad that someone came and saw what they were getting. Both couples said the Scotty looked much better in real life than the pictures I posted. And, I think I have a couple of new camping buddies! I can't wait to show you pictures of the newest one...she's an old beauty! For real! :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:09 am

SIXTOTWO wrote:Yay You!!
Looking forward to seeing the inside!!
Congrats!
Q

Hey Suseee! The inside is just perfect. No wood rot!!!! I'm making plans to go pick it up this weekend. The guys I work for are pouring a concrete slab next to my driveway next week so it will have it's own "pad" to live on.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 am

Just a few pics to introduce my newest Scotty girl! I've put in a few of my personal touches. Next will be the curtains. And I have a piece of that stained glass film that I'll put on the bathroom window. There is so much storage room. I even have a clothes closet that I'm going to add some shelves to. Would use it more for folded clothes, towels, sheets, etc. There's a food cabinet that's really deep. I will never use all the storage space in this one but am glad it's there if needed.

She has electric brakes and it sure worked well on the trip home. She's also bigger than the other one...this one is 7'2" wide (other was 6'1") and she's 18' bumper to tongue. Floor is all one level except there is one step down to the door. Good place to leave dirty shoes. It is so much wider and roomy. And a dinette....I have a real dinette! :)

There's 3 storage cabinets above the sofa/bed that fold down to make a bunk. The triple burner stove also has a working oven and a furnace below it. It even has an 8 gallon water heater and a real bathroom with a built in shower!! I'm running with the big dogs now!! :lady: :lol:

Here she is at home.

That's the bathroom with the light on. It has a real light!

The spare tire fits in here perfectly. A lot of room.

Dinette/bed. I finally have a place to eat!

These curtains will have to go.

3 burner stove with an oven and a double sink. I installed my accessories yesterday.

This bottle of soap will never fall! I'll tell you about it at the end.

Oven and furnace below.

Food cabinet is nice and deep (21"wx22"d). More space than picture is showing.

Real bathroom...real light...real shower...real RV toilet...I installed the mirror. There was an old plastic medicine cabinet with no door there.

A baby sink.

No more sitting on a bucket!

Original light fixtures. I installed the make-up mirror. This is on the wall next to the sofa/bed.

Overhead storage above the sofa/bed which converts to a fold down bunk.

Previous owner installed an RV A/C. Freeze you out of there!!

Sofa/bed

3-way fridge that actually works! Still might install my other one (straight electric) since it's bigger with a bigger separate freezer.

Step in entry way. Perfect place to leave dirty shoes.

Floor is one level and in perfect condition.

Only sign that I kept from the Teardrop.

Do you ever get one of those "Ah-haa!" moments? Well, the soap bottle story is one of those. (This may bore you)

I saw this soap bottle set-up in a friends camper and just had to have one. The thing didn't fall when traveling. His bottle was in his bathroom and it stuck to the counter with adhesive tape that was attached to it. Well, no one sold it locally but I found it online and ordered it. It comes with 2 bottles (one soap and one sanitizer) and one holder. You can reorder refills, OR, just refill them with your favorite foaming soap.

Well, I tried to put mine in my other Scotty but the adhesive was not thick enough for it to secure to the sink. I tried, tried and tried...even tried velcro. Nothing, nada! So, didn't use the soap dispenser and in the cabinet it went.

Well, when I was putting all my accessories in my newest Scotty, I pulled out the soap dispenser and thought, "I guess I'll just have to sit you on the counter and put you away when traveling". Then I looked at the sink and saw it! It was a hole with a stainless cap covering it, where the spray nozzle would go. That's when my "Ah-haa" moment hit me. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the bottle holder, put a 2" bolt through it, found a piece of 3" metal bar with holes in it in my tool box and bolted it to the sink.

My soap dispenser is not moving. :)

I'm so easily entertained.
;)
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 am

:thinking: How do you spell Jackpot?

I think you could spell it NewScottyHT! :thumbsup:

Congratulations, Becca! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 am

S. Heisley wrote::thinking: How do you spell Jackpot?

I think you could spell it NewScottyHT! :thumbsup:

Congratulations, Becca! :applause:

I think you are correct Sharon! I feel like I did hit the Jackpot with this one. This one is so much roomier than the other one. And of course it has no wood rot...none! It's pure pleasure! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:34 am

What a great trailer...it's got character! Nice find, enjoy. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 am

doug hodder wrote:What a great trailer...it's got character! Nice find, enjoy. Doug

Thank you Doug. That's what I was looking for..."character" (and no wood rot).
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks for the pics, Becca! :applause:

Looks to be very well taken care of and in absolute MINT condition. May your Scotty provide you with many, many wonderful camping trips.

Was the antler plaque there or part of your decorating?
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 pm

StPatrón wrote:Thanks for the pics, Becca! :applause:

Looks to be very well taken care of and in absolute MINT condition. May your Scotty provide you with many, many wonderful camping trips.

Was the antler plaque there or part of your decorating?

G, that's mine. It was the first deer my mom shot in 1969. I have boxes full of racks but she was so proud of her first deer I decided to use it in my Scotty. She laughed when she saw it up there.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:15 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:G, that's mine. It was the first deer my mom shot in 1969. I have boxes full of racks but she was so proud of her first deer I decided to use it in my Scotty. She laughed when she saw it up there.

Fantastic! Thx for sharing that.
StPatron
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals