Vintage Tripper Tear Drop rebuild-Update 3-24-2011

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby John T. Hodgen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 pm

hey TxTurbo,
Man, you got the MoJoe working...$25 savings, cap and shirt, press time, and insider info on new products :thumbsup: Sounds like you got'em where you want'em :lol: Good for you and I'm enjoying your build. Your getting such great deals on this build you'll be in the black by the end! :thinking:
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby txturbo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

:lol: yeah I guess I do. Now if I can just get a sponsorship.... :twisted:
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby txturbo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Got some more work done on the tear drop. Installed the Galley wall and cut/installed the peice that the hatch hinge will mount to. I noticed that the galley wall is just the right size for a 42" Plasma TV I have in storage. Hmmm.....also spoke with the guy from Mascoat about that hybrid coating. We are meeting up tomorrow and he is bringing a 5 gallon bucket of it with him. When I asked if it was more expensive than the ceramic insulation, he just no...don't worry about it. I'll take care of you. Not sure what that means yet. :thinking:
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby John T. Hodgen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:42 pm

hey TxTurbo,
Sounds like a advertisement in the works if you play it right. :thumbsup: I talked to Lowe's Main Office about "Let's build something together" and all they sent to me was an e-mail containing my nearest store, Like I didn't know where it was :lol: Talked to the store manager and he could care less...I was hoping for at least a gift card, or maybe some re-emburstment :twisted: Really would liked to have promoted Teardrops with an ad :applause: Oh, well-but it sounds like you've made a friend :lol: Good thing your not behind the greybars, it could have a whole new meaning of "don't worry, I'll take care of you" :shock:
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby John T. Hodgen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:45 pm

hey TxTurbo,
Sounds like a advertisement in the works if you play it right. :thumbsup: I talked to Lowe's Main Office about "Let's build something together" and all they sent to me was an e-mail containing my nearest store, Like I didn't know where it was :lol: Talked to the store manager and he could care less...I was hoping for at least a gift card, or maybe some re-emburstment :twisted: Really would liked to have promoted Teardrops with an ad :applause: Oh, well-but it sounds like you've made a friend :lol: Good thing your not behind the greybars, it could have a whole new meaning of "don't worry, I'll take care of you" :shock:
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby John T. Hodgen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:55 pm

hey TxTurbo,
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby txturbo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

LOL.....I see what you mean. Well I'll find out tomorrow what it all means.
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby John T. Hodgen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:12 pm

hey TxTurbo,
sorry for the three posts..was having trouble with my computer and then I couldn't delete them :x
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby txturbo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 am

No problem John. Been there myself before. Today is the day I find out what the deal is with this hybrid coating. Its suppose to be a mixture of ceramic insulation and sound deadener in one sprayable product. I'm hoping to get the shell completed enough to spray the coating on it this Sunday. My helper is suppose to be over to help me most of the day Sunday. Once its sprayed and dry, then I can lower the shell onto the frame and bolt it down.
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby John T. Hodgen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 am

Yea, I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes. It may rethink how we build and insulate teardrops :thinking: Hope the cost is reasonable for the rest of us, since we don't have an"inside man" :lol: Its good that you have a helper, when I did mine it was all on me, I don't think Linda and I could work well together :roll: She decorates and does the camping cooking and I'm the designer/builder :thinking: Oh well! Hey, just where in south Tx do you hang? I grew up on the La/Tx border in Starks. Lived in Lake Charles and worked in the oilfield for a wireline company then on offshore boats for 20 yrs. Been all over south Tx on the Eastern side.
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby txturbo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:22 pm

I met up with Paul this afternoon and picked up a 5 Gal. bucket of the coating. Hoping I can get it sprayed on this weekend.
John....I live on the SW side of Houston in Rosenberg.
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby down under tech » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Dan: It looks like you are "Dan The Man". Way to be frugal. I have been watching and cheering you on from the side lines, but I bet you never knew it.

Any who, Keep up the nice work, :peace: :vroom:
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby txturbo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 pm

down under tech wrote:Hi Dan: It looks like you are "Dan The Man". Way to be frugal. I have been watching and cheering you on from the side lines, but I bet you never knew it.

Any who, Keep up the nice work, :peace: :vroom:
Your right....I didn't know it. Thanks!
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby txturbo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:07 pm

got the underside and the walls sprayed today. I'll mount the shell on the frame tomorrow. I was noticing this coating looks a lot like textured drywall. If I painted it off white it would look exactly like it. Might be something to do on the inside.
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby txturbo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:52 am

I'm leaning more and more toward painting the inside walls instead of staining. I keep seeing more and more things wrong with the plywood that is going to show when stained. Plus my helper got greasy finger prints all over one sheet of plywood when he helped me the first time. Didn't think to wash his hands after messing with his bicycle chain on the way over. :thumbdown: Not sure how that is going to look when its stained. Also have some gouges in one side that are really going to be obvious when stained. Looks like something got between the sheets of plywood and left a large V shaped gouge when the sheets were slid across each other. I may just spackle that up and spray the coating on the inside also.
txturbo
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals