My new not so tiny trailer... "The Chalet"

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby 2bits » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:35 am

Great ideas! I am going to stain the wood for the baseboards so I will do that before installing, I like the forethought of making the transition, I can't believe I didn't think of that! Well that answers the question then! I guess I better get to work! Thanks guys (and gals)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Thomas, not sure if you were planning on painting over that beautiful day-glo green in your kitchen but if you are and want it to flow with the living area, paint the walls a few shades lighter than the green in the living room. Just have the paint store lighten it or get the store paint card that shows what blends with it.

I wouldn't paint the kitchen walls a tan unless you go with a darker khaki because the cabinets are already light. I love your window blinds. I have those same ones in my family/den area. Your new place is looking quite classy! ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Thank you Becca! Once I put the blinds in, it really changed the whole look of the place. This will be the coolest old trailer around! haha, I am approaching it like a camper build and loving it.

For now I am planning on leaving the kitchen as it is for a while since it is bright and kind of gives the place two themes. Once I get the ceiling piece done, that will keep the rooms separated from clashing.

Later on when I replace the counter tops with something more my style, I will go ahead and do the walls and ceiling so I appreciate your ideas! you are right about the tan!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 pm

GuyllFyre wrote:
Baseboards are normally installed before the carpet because the tackless strip is to be placed a certain distance from it for proper installation of the carpet.

If the baseboard is placed on top of the carpet, you'll have to remove the baseboard every time you want to replace the carpet, which is extra work and could cost extra money if any of the baseboard doesn't come up 'clean' or breaks in the process. Also, tacking the baseboard on after the carpet is done could look kind of Mickey Mouse...maybe. :roll: Those "in the know" will know....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Baseboard

Postby danlott » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:49 am

The baseboard should be placed before the carpet is placed. The baseboard is normally installed by using 3/8" spacers that raise it off the floor. The tack strip is then place about 1/2" from the baseboard. The carpet is then tucked under the baseboard after it is installed.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

trailer

Postby 3822sean » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 am

very nice thats going to be sweet when its all done :applause: :applause:
3822sean
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 am

I got in at midnight but we got the carpet in last night, didn't do the baseboards first just because I had to do it when my friend was available to help since I have never done carpet before. I think it will be ok, and I never cared about what people in-the-know knew anyway

:lol:

NOW I can start moving some basic stuff in and it won't be so empty!

Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:12 pm

It looks very attractive....Good choice of colors. :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GuyllFyre » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:23 pm

That's pretty close to the same color carpet as I have for the living room here at the house.

I like it.

Nice!
Things I have for sale on craigslist:
http://albany.craigslist.org/search/?ar ... catAbb=sss

Things I have for sale on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/seansmith
GuyllFyre
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:40 am

I was planning on camping tonight but decided to move my living room today and had my impromptu first party of 5 people!

My new living room... I am camping every day :)

The light green kitchen seems to match here. All photos are in natural light.

Obligatory campfire photo:

To those who know my "427" number phenomenon, this post which happens to be a major event, is post # 42777.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby steve smoot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 am

Looking Good Thomas :thumbsup:
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 am

That looks so nice; you may never want to bother with building a house! Congratulations on your 42777, also. :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 am

S. Heisley wrote:That looks so nice; you may never want to bother with building a house! Congratulations on your 42777, also. :applause:

Thanks Sharon, You are right too! If it ain't broke, don't fix it eh!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey Thomas,

The carpet looks great. Congrats! :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

2bits wrote:To those who know my "427" number phenomenon, this post which happens to be a major event, is post # 42777.

Does this mean that there are future plans for a big block in the truck or Monte Carlo? :twisted: :lol: :twisted: (My brother once had a '67 Firebird with a SOHC six-cylinder in which we transplanted a 427 Chevy big block.)

Take care and it's back out to the garage for me.

Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:06 pm

hehe, no that definitely does NOT mean a big block! Maybe his little brother the 327 tho. ;)

Everyone with a big block these days has it parked saying they can't afford to drive it, what a waste. I've never been a gearhead really, I always just liked the style of older cars. In fact I actually pulled a V-8 out of my old black truck and installed an inline 6 so I could afford to drive it every day! I know you're just kidding though.

427 actually comes to me tho, I never go looking for it, it's weird. It is always appearing like in the movie "23" except I never killed anyone over it haha...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals