Buddy & Missus' Full Height Teardrop Camper Slide-In

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Buddy & Missus' Full Height Teardrop Camper Slide-In

Postby Buddy-and-Missus » Fri May 10, 2024 4:47 pm

Day 87 & 88: Roechling Foamlite - Initial Cuts For Cabinets - Building a Teardrop Camper

We've been waiting for this! Finally get to cutting the Rochling Foamlite that we will be using for the interior cabinets, counter & floor. We chose this material as it's lightweight, non-toxic has no voc's and being polypropylene plastic, it's moisture and mold resistant - something we really wanted to make sure the camper pod will withstand our damp climate. I use my new Kreg Straightedge XL to break the large 59 by 118 sheets into more manageable pieces. I build an outfeed table and do a long deserved tune up to my table saw.

I used this fantastic free cut list optimizer to make sure we reduce any wastage of the foamlite.
#optiCutter
https://www.opticutter.com/cut-list-optimizer
Buddy-and-Missus
Teardrop Master

Postby Buddy-and-Missus » Tue May 14, 2024 4:58 pm

Day 89: Foamlight Cutting & Fitting - Building a Teardrop Camper

A little bit of a mash-up today. Hubby does some fitting of the white Foamlite cutting on the table saw and sanding with the palm sander. He also knocks out some large pieces of the black 1/2 Foamlite and place them (beds, countertops, backsplash, etc) in the Camperpod. That Kreg Straightedge XL is certainly earning its keep.
Buddy-and-Missus
Teardrop Master

Postby Buddy-and-Missus » Thu May 16, 2024 2:38 pm

Day 90: Waterproof Plywood Alternative - Testing Tools With Foamlite - Building a Teardrop Camper
Working with plastic has it's challenges - but it'll be worth it for a mold-free material.

Today hubby worked the Roechling Foamlite with a router, table saw, jig saw, hand plane and forstner bit. He runs into a few challenges, but figures them out. Installed a bunch of panels including the custom bathroom sink panels. Lots of maths used today.
Buddy-and-Missus
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals