Rose Rolls - The unathorized Compass Rose autobiography

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 pm

2bits wrote:Man that is looking good! You know, after I bought a little heater from Wally world the other day, I looked in my closet and I already had one, and it is the exact same one you have in that pic! I like the stove slider!

Is the heater 12 Volt? :thinking:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Mine is 110v, it has coils that will suck juice like an A/C unit. OK maybe not like an AC unit but alot haha. Might check eBay, Harbor Freight or a big, well stocked truck stop if your looking for a 12v one. I'm sure they make something
Last edited by 2bits on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Sparksalot wrote:Image

OOO LAA LAA That's a pretty sight! ! !
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby tinksdad » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 pm

2bits wrote:Mine is 110v, it has coils that will suck juice like an A/C unit. OK maybe not like an AC unit but alot haha. Might check eBay, Harbor Freight or a big, well stocked truck stop if your looking for a 12v one. I'm sure they make something

I figured as long as I was paying for the site, it really doesn't matter how much of the campgrounds 110V I use. My main concern was finding a heater that would fit on the shelf and not have to worry about getting tangled up in the cord. Mine was $17 at "World's Largest Retailer". Although as small as Itty-Bitty is, I probably could have used my 50 cent yard sale toaster to kill two birds with one stone. Toast a couple of bagels for a bed time snack and warm up the inside of the trailer at the same time!! :lol:

I was considering putting a galley rail on the shelf; but looking at the Compass Rose pics, I think I like the simple wood strip instead.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby SIXTOTWO » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 pm

:?
Last edited by SIXTOTWO on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby SIXTOTWO » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:10 pm

2bits wrote:

Sparksalot,

What is that black trim you have there on the edge? Where you get it? also around your door frame?
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:24 pm

tinksdad wrote:
2bits wrote:Mine is 110v, it has coils that will suck juice like an A/C unit. OK maybe not like an AC unit but alot haha. Might check eBay, Harbor Freight or a big, well stocked truck stop if your looking for a 12v one. I'm sure they make something

I figured as long as I was paying for the site, it really doesn't matter how much of the campgrounds 110V I use. My main concern was finding a heater that would fit on the shelf and not have to worry about getting tangled up in the cord. Mine was $17 at "World's Largest Retailer". Although as small as Itty-Bitty is, I probably could have used my 50 cent yard sale toaster to kill two birds with one stone. Toast a couple of bagels for a bed time snack and warm up the inside of the trailer at the same time!! :lol:

I was considering putting a galley rail on the shelf; but looking at the Compass Rose pics, I think I like the simple wood strip instead.

Heck yeah, that's why I have that AC too! I don't plan on doing too much rural camping in hot or cold weather at this point, Praise be to full hookups! The heater I bought is the same brand sitting on the shelf at the store right next to the one you got. I like yours for the wide bottom, but I got the skinnier one so it will store in my hidey hole closet.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 pm

2bits wrote:Man that is looking good! You know, after I bought a little heater from Wally world the other day, I looked in my closet and I already had one, and it is the exact same one you have in that pic! I like the stove slider!

Thanks man.

I really don't know where the heater came from. I think my wife had it originally.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:

Is the heater 12 Volt? :thinking:

It's regular line voltage. If you look here, you can see the "power strip" I used to plug into. It was intended for communication equipment rack use.

Galley side.

Cabin side.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:25 pm

SIXTOTWO wrote:
2bits wrote:

Sparksalot,

What is that black trim you have there on the edge? Where you get it? also around your door frame?

It's the hatch seal and door seal material Grant at Lil'Bear sells.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:04 pm

I had the struts fitted, so on with the hardware. Latches to keep the stur in place in the breeze. I need to find the latching versions.

A pocket to keep the strut from sliding.

Even hanging loosely, the fender looks much more Kewl than the stock piece.

Oh boy, painting has started. No stopping now!

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:05 pm

E.T. self portrait?

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Not a lot of progress here. The weather has been conducive to getting outdoor projects done.

With both kids help, I've gotten the galley shelf and uprights trimmed. I'm gonna run out of stuff to do before long.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Have you got a plan for hanging the fenders yet? I am going to get the same fenders but haven't approached how to hang them yet. The face frames look real clean! !
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:24 pm

2bits wrote:Have you got a plan for hanging the fenders yet? I am going to get the same fenders but haven't approached how to hang them yet. The face frames look real clean! !

To quote a guy called Baldrick, "I have a cunning plan..."

We'll see how it works. I don't really want to bolt the fenders to the sidewalls.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals