Rose Rolls - The unathorized Compass Rose autobiography

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Congratulations! The galley really looks grand! :applause: :applause:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Juneaudave wrote::applause: :applause: :applause: She really turned out nice!!!

Thanks Dave
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:34 pm

SIXTOTWO wrote:MAN!!! Now we really want to get ours done!!! :vroom:
Looks great!!! :thumbsup:

What's holding you back. Besides the obvious, time, money, resources, etc. :lol:
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:35 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:Congratulations! The galley really looks grand! :applause: :applause:

I'm rather pleased with it myself. I still want to do some small shelves, or spices rack, etc for some more clutter control.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby SIXTOTWO » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Sparksalot wrote:
SIXTOTWO wrote:MAN!!! Now we really want to get ours done!!! :vroom:
Looks great!!! :thumbsup:

What's holding you back. Besides the obvious, time, money, resources, etc. :lol:

Decisions, decisions....that's what is holding us back. Wish it were all just spelled out fer us. :R Don't want to make a mistake we'd later regret.
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri May 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey, I was wondering what were your thoughts on how you separated the trim to allow for the hinge?

Has this been an issue leaking? Kinda scares me. Also on the hinges, did you really need the spacers after cutting the trim, or were the spacers because the door sat out from the side? Maybe I should just come over eh!

I really like the ability to lift off the doors, but I also found a 6" long chrome 1950's Refrigerator door hinge on eBay that I thought looked cool and might be long enough and with spacers sit to where I wouldn't need to trim-the-trim. Just another $50 right I might have some McMaster hinges for sale soon :oops:
http://tinyurl.com/pk6etq
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Fri May 22, 2009 11:00 pm

2bits wrote:Hey, I was wondering what were your thoughts on how you separated the trim to allow for the hinge?

It has not leaked at all. It rained and snowed at Beaver's Bend. Last weekend, we had thunderstorms at Cooper Lake.

I have not done the right side yet because I want to cut around the hinges for a cleaner look.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri May 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Ahh! I just scrolled through the pics and see what you mean that you haven't added that strip of trim on the other side at all yet. It still sealed good too! that is awesome. I am looking for a cleaner look too. I am probably going to have to break down and get those fridge hinges, it will make a funny story anyway :) sounds like you are getting some GOOD use out of it!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Fri May 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Pics of both sides. They both seal very nicely, just some finesse left to do.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Fri May 22, 2009 11:49 pm

And a touch of whimsy, er, um Captains Privilege.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun May 24, 2009 4:31 pm

I just set mine up in place with a spacer to lift it up like you did and and it seems OK and no trimming would be needed, is there something else I am forgetting about? (I will probably do a block like you did, not this strip, I just had it handy)

Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Sun May 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeah like the hinge is WAAY too far over to the right to let the door even open at al right haha.. DUHHH :? Sorry, I am running on low batteries today.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Sun May 24, 2009 8:15 pm

2bits wrote:I just set mine up in place with a spacer to lift it up like you did and and it seems OK and no trimming would be needed, is there something else I am forgetting about? (I will probably do a block like you did, not this strip, I just had it handy)

Look carefully at the photo below. The "leading" edge of the trim has been cut back about 1/4". Gotta love tinsnips. If I were doing it again, I'd offset the hinge center line forward of the door/wall gap to allow the door to swing away from the wall quicker. That would allow for the full width trim.

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Whew, well, I am not brave enough for that haha. I think I am going for the chrome refrigerator hinges since they are way oversized and will work with the minimual hassle. They will look a little more prominant to so that will be OK. Thanks for the extra detail, I am in the final stretch!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Well, the Workingstiff and I just did something I've been wanting to for a while. I also gave him applied math and science lessons in the process.

We weighed a whole entire giant 5x10 tear on a one foot square bathroom scale, with a 300# limit. My wife was stunned. Heh heh heh.

The verdict:

Approximate weight is 1300#

Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals