Gypsy Caravan

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby perche » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Thanks for the kind welcome, Steve. Puppets...well, it's just another one of those "out-of the-box" ideas that might provide the arena for learning to carve, to construct simple-to-complex mechanisms (anyone familiar with Czech marionettes?) and to provide some entertainment and "give back". Sometimes my ideas bomb, but that just means I have to get busy again :designing:

I'll be sure to get myself over to the intro section (and others, as time permits), but I may have to first take a lengthy detour in the cast iron category. ;) After a very brief look about here I've found plenty of ingenuity, skill and a passion for simplicity...wow. Looks like everyone here has encyclopedic type knowledge and abilities. Just fantastic. Your stepson is extremely fortunate to have his family. (Insert emoticon for "truth"...) Thanks again for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

For now, back to the research :scratchthinking: :)
Last edited by perche on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perche
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rosey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:30 pm

I love your trailer! How did the mileage compare to your teardrop?
Rosey
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi Rosey,

Did you join the forum just to ask me that? :thumbsup:

The flat front of the gypsy trailer made a little difference, about 1 mpg, but my wife insists it is worth it. She loves here indoor potty. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Rosey » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:13 am

Hi Steve,
I did join the forum to ask you that question and possibly many others. I had an idea of building something very similar and was totally psyched to find your build. I did not see an indoor potty in any of your pictures, although that was something I wanted to add. Where did you put it?
Thanks,
Rosey
Rosey
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 am

Rosey wrote:Hi Steve,
I did join the forum to ask you that question and possibly many others. I had an idea of building something very similar and was totally psyched to find your build. I did not see an indoor potty in any of your pictures, although that was something I wanted to add. Where did you put it?
Thanks,
Rosey

It is under the bed, and only comes out at night 8)

Rosey, what part of the world are you in? We do have forum members from all over.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Rosey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Steve,
I live in southern La. I'v been looking at everyone's build journals the last few days. Very cool stuff! I've definately found my next project! :)
Thanks for sharing so much info in your journal. I hope you don't mind if I borrow heavily from your design (with some changes of course).

I have a good friend named Steve Cox that in Detroit. It's funny to meet another one.

Take Care,
Rosey
Rosey
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Rosey wrote:Hi Steve,
I live in southern La. I'v been looking at everyone's build journals the last few days. Very cool stuff! I've definately found my next project! :)
Thanks for sharing so much info in your journal. I hope you don't mind if I borrow heavily from your design (with some changes of course).

I have a good friend named Steve Cox that in Detroit. It's funny to meet another one.

Take Care,
Rosey

Please use whatever you find that would work for you, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Senior Ninja » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Steve,
We just went back through the entire post, again.
It's just a beautiful trailer.
You are truly a master craftsman.
Steve
Building the TD was the best thing I ever made.
Senior Ninja
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Senior Ninja wrote:Steve,
We just went back through the entire post, again.
It's just a beautiful trailer.
You are truly a master craftsman.
Steve

Thanks Steve, looks better in the photos. :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Dutchman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:33 am

WOW, beautiful :thumbsup:

greetings from Europe
Dutchman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:55 am

Dutchman wrote:WOW, beautiful :thumbsup:

greetings from Europe

Another really awesome first post. :D

Hope you joined the forum to do more than just that. Please check out the newby thread on the forum and tell us about yourself and why you're here.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm thinking about selling Little Gypsy in a few months, probably right after we go camping in February.

We still had the tear drop when I built the gypsy trailer and ended up renting an indoor storage space for a while, just an expense I would like to avoid next time.

Any ideas on pricing? If you say, "$20 and I'll be by to pick it up later" fugetaboutit :lol:

I saw the prices of a few camp trailers being built for sale out west, and was in sticker shock over how much they want for them.

http://www.cowboycampoutfitters.com/wagon.html

http://www.hossport.com/

http://www.ranchwillowwagons.com/custombuiltwagons.html[/url][/list]
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:46 pm

They have lost their minds. No wonder we keep getting new members. Yours is so much nicer! And if I had any money I would hurry down and take it home... :D
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Miriam C. wrote:They have lost their minds. No wonder we keep getting new members. Yours is so much nicer! And if I had any money I would hurry down and take it home... :D

That was my feeling as well.... If you price them high enough, you don't have to build as many :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Wow! If enough folks would actually buy those at that price, I'd quit my day job and start a business of my own :? In the meanwhile, I guess I should keep my day job. :(

So what's the motivating factor behind the sale? I figure you're just gonna build something so you can show off your great building skills again! :lol: :lol:

Look forward to watching that build unfold. Can't wait to see what you've got in mind! :thumbsup:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals