My 1977 18' Scotty HiLander Trunkback

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

My 1977 18' Scotty HiLander Trunkback

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:30 pm

The happy news is I finally got a "standie" and it's not far from home! :) The sad news is I'm selling my Teardrop. :( Yep, she is for sale and I'll be listing it this week. I didn't want to sell it but that was the only way my hubby would let me have the Scotty. It was a very hard decision to make since I truly love my Teardrop but I just want something I can stand in. It will be hard to see it leave but that's ok. Anyway, I think I paid a fair price for it and am looking forward to getting it home. Take a look below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWNX:IT
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Wow :shock: :shock:

Looks like a bargain!!! Congrats!!!!
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Re: I just won a 1973 Scotty!

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:45 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote: ...I just want something I can stand in.

Congratulations! :applause:
I have oft thought about a standie, even building one. Then I remember that one of the reasons I went with a teardrop style is because if it can be seen over the fence, I can't keep it in the back yard. Another is, I'm 6'4", so a standie that would allow me to stand would probably be 7'8" tall or taller!

Enjoy, it looks like a beauty!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Becca,

Cool Scotty! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the teardrop sale. ;)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks Dave, Cliff and Steve. I have wanted another standie for years, even dreaming about them. But I didn't want a new one - I wanted exactly what I got . . . something I can work on a little to make it mine and I love the Scotty and Shasta's style. I really am excited about this. :woohoo:
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Good for you, Becca, steppin up in the world. You really are genuinely excited about your new Standy, and I can see why. Wow, an AC and a TV, all included. Looks like a very clean unit, and appears to be camping-ready. Enjoy your new toy, and keep us abreast of your adventures.
Roly 8) :applause:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:Good for you, Becca, steppin up in the world. You really are genuinely excited about your new Standy, and I can see why. Wow, an AC and a TV, all included. Looks like a very clean unit, and appears to be camping-ready. Enjoy your new toy, and keep us abreast of your adventures.
Roly 8) :applause:

Thanks Roly! I have a 15" flat screen TV that I will be taking out of the Teardrop and putting it in the Scotty. I also want to take the sofa out and put the dinette back in. It looks like the sides of the dinette are still there so it shouldn't be much work.

I do have a question Roly. I am going to sell the Teardrop but I don't know if I should include the foam mattress. I would like to keep it to reuse for new cushions but I'm not sure. I think if it comes down to a make or break sale, I will sell it with mattress but I wonder what others would do.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:49 pm

That is so nice looking -- you got a great deal!!

Congrats!

It will seem like the Taj Majal.

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:51 pm

That Scotty is in great shape Becca, you really did well. I bet you got butterflies when you realized the ebay listing was located so close to home. Congrats to you! :applause:

Scott G.
P.s. At some point I'm going to have to own a Scotty just for namesake alone. :lol:
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks Hiker Chick and Scott-y! You took the "Taj Majal" words out of my mouth! :lol: I have been on Ebay looking for a good deal for a year but convincing Brian that I "needed" it was another thing. And, every one that I liked was multi-states away from me. When I saw this one was an hour away, I began to drool. I couldn't sleep last night trying to decide if I wanted to bid or regret letting it go so 3 minutes, yes, 3 minutes before the bid ended Brian said to go for it. So, I waited to bid at 30 seconds left and made sure my bid was solid. I was so nervous - it was like winning the lottery . . . whew.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:28 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Thanks Hiker Chick and Scott-y! You took the "Taj Majal" words out of my mouth! :lol: I have been on Ebay looking for a good deal for a year but convincing Brian that I "needed" it was another thing. And, every one that I liked was multi-states away from me. When I saw this one was an hour away, I began to drool. I couldn't sleep last night trying to decide if I wanted to bid or regret letting it go so 3 minutes, yes, 3 minutes before the bid ended Brian said to go for it. So, I waited to bid at 30 seconds left and made sure my bid was solid. I was so nervous - it was like winning the lottery . . . whew.

Wow. Gutsy move for something you wanted so badly. Poker player by any chance? ... cool as the other side of the pillow. 8)

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:30 pm

well, congrats Becca..welcome to the world of pulling your britches up INSIDE the trailer.

is you gonna make it to Anastasia this fall?
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm

From the picture, it looks like a nice clean Scotty. Congratulations, Becca. Have fun with your new 'baby'.

Maybe now, your hubby will come along on your camping trips, too!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Wow. Gutsy move for something you wanted so badly. Poker player by any chance? ... cool as the other side of the pillow. 8)

Scott G.[/quote]

I was very calm, cool and had my thoughts collected as to what I was gonna bid but I wanted to place my first bid with 30 or 20 seconds left, knowing I had a strong bid. I had been watching the other bidders and the price stayed at $820 for a couple of days and only went up to $903. So, I decided to wait it out and would place a firm bid with 30 seconds left. I won :bounce: Yippee :woohoo: I won :bounce: Yippee :woohoo:

Ok, ok...time for bed so I need to step away from this forum and take a chill-pill and get some needed sleep. Thanks from my big ole' heart for the sweet support and encouraging words. I haven't even called my family yet...I wanted my Teardrop family to know first. :) Love you guys and gals. Thanks again. Nite-nite.
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks Jimmy boy and Sharon. No, can't make Anastasia this year due to some moving plans for my son.

Sharon, I doubt he will camp with me but, but, now he can't use the excuse that it was too small for him and the dog. I really believe he just doesn't enjoy camping anymore but we'll see what happens. Baby steps...little bitty baby steps.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Build Journals