My 1977 18' Scotty HiLander Trunkback

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby perche » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 am

Sweet trailer, Becca! I also enjoyed reading about your soap dispenser solution...little thing, big satisfaction. Wishing you many years of happy camping, thanks for sharing the pics.
perche
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:17 pm

perche wrote:Sweet trailer, Becca! I also enjoyed reading about your soap dispenser solution...little thing, big satisfaction. Wishing you many years of happy camping, thanks for sharing the pics.

Thank you Perche! Sometimes it the littlest things that can make you happy.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

I just bought a 1977 18' Scotty Highlander trunkback!

Postby mezmo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:50 am

Hi Becca - Cajun Lady,

'Just saw the pics you posted on your "new" Scotty.

It's hard to believe it's a 1977 model! It looks so
pristine inside! The previous owners must have been
very fastidious people indeed.

Congratulations on such a great find. Enjoy it to the hilt!
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: I just bought a 1977 18' Scotty Highlander trunkback!

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 am

mezmo wrote:Hi Becca - Cajun Lady,

'Just saw the pics you posted on your "new" Scotty.

It's hard to believe it's a 1977 model! It looks so
pristine inside! The previous owners must have been
very fastidious people indeed.

Congratulations on such a great find. Enjoy it to the hilt!

Thank you, thank you! I agree that the 2 previous owners kept excellent care of it. I put a brand new cover on her yesterday. I want this one to last a long time. She's only 33...she has a long life left! :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 pm

My Truck is a 78 and it is fully loaded, even the windshield wiper squirter works! I love the classics, that's kinda the point of the forum eh! ;)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 am

2bits wrote:My Truck is a 78 and it is fully loaded, even the windshield wiper squirter works! I love the classics, that's kinda the point of the forum eh! ;)

Hey Thomas ~ I love the classics too. I could kick my butt for not keeping some of the "stuff" my paw-paw wanted me to have when I was young. I didn't appreciate vintage back then...what a shame. I do have in my possession an envelope from the U.S. Veterans Bureau, Washington, DC dated Jan. 27, 1925, before my mom was born.

Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Scotty

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 am

Saw one in Muskogee Ok, last week for sale. Dennis has pictures and phone number if anyone is interested PM us...
Becca, when I was a little girl we had a small shasta, very small....you have a great looking trailer. Congrats
Our Route 66 tear sold Monday but we had purchased an 18 ft....so with you having that one and ours maybe we won't be shunned by the group... :lol:
Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Re: Scotty

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am

queeniejeanne wrote:Saw one in Muskogee Ok, last week for sale. Dennis has pictures and phone number if anyone is interested PM us...
Becca, when I was a little girl we had a small shasta, very small....you have a great looking trailer. Congrats
Our Route 66 tear sold Monday but we had purchased an 18 ft....so with you having that one and ours maybe we won't be shunned by the group... :lol:
Queenie Jeanne

Jeanne, that's what I was thinking...I don't want to be evicted from the group! :frightened: I think if we don't go bigger than 18' they will still love us here, right??

Congrats to you on selling Route 66! How long did you own it?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

scotty

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am

Becca, we had her for 3 years next month. She is a Pleasant Valley Lil Traveler. She got a great couple who live in Long Beach CA, not far from the west end of the Mother Road....she will feel right at home....
And about the shunning...I have been told that we a safe from shunning. :lol:
Queenie Jeanne Hope to see you and your scotty at LCGV....
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 pm

:thumbsup: :applause: Lucky girl. My goodness you will not all have to pile in a TD to cool off.. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby 2bits » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
2bits wrote:My Truck is a 78 and it is fully loaded, even the windshield wiper squirter works! I love the classics, that's kinda the point of the forum eh! ;)

Hey Thomas ~ I love the classics too. I could kick my butt for not keeping some of the "stuff" my paw-paw wanted me to have when I was young. I didn't appreciate vintage back then...what a shame. I do have in my possession an envelope from the U.S. Veterans Bureau, Washington, DC dated Jan. 27, 1925, before my mom was born.

I have always loved that kind of stuff. I inherited alot of that kind of stuff from my grandmother because everyone just thought it was old trash. I thought it was nostalgic gold.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Hadn't posted anything in a while. It looks like Maggie may be a camping buddy after all.

Maggie's new bed. She didn't want to come down...she walked back and forth looking out both windows and just layed there wagging her tail.

This was a hanging closet. I decided I needed it more for storage. Left the hanging bar at the top in case I do want to hang clothes. All I need to do is remove the top shelf.

My sofa bed. The sofa cushions are in mint condition but I wanted to use what I had in the other Scotty. Curtains came with the Scotty. Not sure if they are going to stay. If I do keep them, I'll spiff them up a little.

There is quite a bit of extra storage here under the sink but some of it is hidden by the black flat grill on the left. There is another utensil drawer on the right (under the top drawer) and I added 2 small plastic storage boxes to add even more storage and the bag holder on the door.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:10 pm

You're making it look really nice, Becca. It's pretty. I'm envious of all that storage space; but not the towing weight. :lol:

Aren't you concerned that your little 4 legged friend might try to jump down from up there and hurt herself sometime?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Sharon! No, she won't actually be sleeping up there. I had lowered the bunk and put her up there while I was working in the camper. She stayed up there and watched me work...she was content. But no, I won't let her sleep up there.

I definately notice the weight but it has electric brakes and I had the controls installed on my SUV and it works great. I feel more comfortable pulling her now.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Nice find Becca!! Looks like you'll have tons of space now. Good to hear she's nice and clean and you don't have to replace any rotten wood. I was scrolling back through some of your interior pics and it really looks great. You're going to be spoiled having your own bathroom. I notice you're prepared in case for some reason the toilet doesn't work though. I spotted your Go-Girl on the bathroom counter! :thumbsup: :lol: Best of luck and happy camping with your new trailer! My Scotty is still partially disassembled in my garage. I got kind of sidetracked from working on it when my friends parents offered me their old TTT.(there's a couple of pics in my album. It's totally cute and didn't need much work so I'm going to have some fun with it camping this summer and will hopefully get back to the Scotty again in the fall.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals