New Forum for You

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: New Forum for You

Postby Michele » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Mad Jack
Please post my build thread in this forum

viewtopic.php?t=21785

thank you
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby tsmyth » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:58 am

How do I change the order of pictures in my album?
tsmyth
Teardrop Builder

Postby 123jay » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:23 am

Mad Jack
If you find some time. Please post my build thread in this forum as it will have 3 parts the box , chuck wagon & rooftop shell from popular mechanics magazine At least that the plan at this time
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57822
401/2"X 48" open tailgate bolt together army kit around $450.00
If the world did not suck ,you fall off!
123jay
Teardrop Master

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 pm

If my count is right and each entry is a build there are close to 1000 builds here :? :thumbsup:

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby TeriL » Mon May 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Madjack,

madjack wrote:Announcing a new forum for you......Build Journals......the decision has been made to have a forum dedicated to build journals only...we often tell newbies to "follow folk's build journals" when looking for ideas and such but those journals were all over the board...now they will be in one place...it should help all to find relevant info and decrease some of the clutter in the "General Discussions" section as well as others...SOOOOOO, when you are ready to build, ask your questions in the apprpriate forum but document your build here...preferably in a single thread...over the coming weeks we will be looking for single thread builds to move over here and populate this forum...we will be asking the authors of those threads for permission to do so...Hope you enjoy AND use this forum frequently(gotta build #2,3,4,ect.)!!!!!!!!!!!!1
madjack 8)

This Build Journals is a great idea!

Not sure if you have the capability but is it possible to make any new build thread read only except for the thread originator?

Another forum I read locks a build journal and allows only the thread originator to post to it. The original poster can answer relevant questions (via PM's) from others in the thread. The original poster can (actually encouraged) have another thread in the appropriate forum with the same title with "Discussion:" appended to the title.

The idea is to keep replies with no actual content from clogging up the build thread. I did a quick look at 3 semi-random pages (188, 222, 333) in the "Thrifty Alternatives ... Building Foam TDs" and found page 188 had zero content, other pages had maybe a couple of maybe relevant comments. Offenders covered regular posters as well as others with few other posts.

-- Teri
Our reach should exceed our grasp or what is a heaven for? -- Marshall McLuhan
TeriL
Teardrop Advisor

Postby lrrowe » Thu May 12, 2016 4:09 pm

Me, I personally like the side trips. I think it keeps things interesting at times, at least for me.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby TeriL » Thu May 12, 2016 7:32 pm

lrrowe wrote:Me, I personally like the side trips. I think it keeps things interesting at times, at least for me.

Minor thread drift is fine but you get 400+ pages, many with nothing more than smiley emoticons. I'm on metered internet. Waste of my limited bandwidth, screen area and load time, NOT INTERESTING for me.
TeriL
Teardrop Advisor

Postby azgreg » Thu May 12, 2016 7:55 pm

TeriL wrote:
lrrowe wrote:Me, I personally like the side trips. I think it keeps things interesting at times, at least for me.

Minor thread drift is fine but you get 400+ pages, many with nothing more than smiley emoticons. I'm on metered internet. Waste of my limited bandwidth, screen area and load time, NOT INTERESTING for me.

That's why I like forums with the "like" feature. You can just click a like button instead of a thread full of thumbs up and +1 posts.
azgreg
Donating Member

Postby TeriL » Thu May 12, 2016 10:39 pm

azgreg wrote:

teril wrote:Minor thread drift is fine but you get 400+ pages, many with nothing more than smiley emoticons. I'm on metered internet. Waste of my limited bandwidth, screen area and load time, NOT INTERESTING for me.

That's why I like forums with the "like" feature. You can just click a like button instead of a thread full of thumbs up and +1 posts.

Madjack, Can this forum SW support a "like" feature?

If it does, the problem would be to ween people from their old habit.
TeriL
Teardrop Advisor

Postby KCStudly » Fri May 13, 2016 6:42 am

I think one of the best features of this board is the friendships and camaraderie that comes from it, and it would seem that more people agree with this than not. So, IMO, nothing should be done to try to muzzle supportive expressions in all posts. If the OP is so self centered, or technically inclined that they don't want other people posting on "their" thread then maybe there is room for some sort of originator controlled filter or limitations, but again, that seems to be contrary to the type of culture that most people here seem to appreciate.

Just saying. Maybe the solution is to up your bandwidth, rather than drag other people down. IMO, "Likes" are less personal than even the most basic emoji post.

Just expressing a counter opinion.

Peace.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby TeriL » Fri May 13, 2016 10:58 am

KCStudly wrote:I think one of the best features of this board is the friendships and camaraderie that comes from it, and it would seem that more people agree with this than not. So, IMO, nothing should be done to try to muzzle supportive expressions in all posts. If the OP is so self centered, or technically inclined that they don't want other people posting on "their" thread then maybe there is room for some sort of originator controlled filter or limitations, but again, that seems to be contrary to the type of culture that most people here seem to appreciate.

Just saying. Maybe the solution is to up your bandwidth, rather than drag other people down. IMO, "Likes" are less personal than even the most basic emoji post.

Just expressing a counter opinion.

Peace.

The friendships and camaraderie is indeed a good thing about this forum. Your opinion has caused me to doubt this.

I find statement:
OP is so self centered, or technically inclined ...
extremely offensive. Look at page 188 (as an example) of the big foamie thread. Not a single reply that said anything with any content other than an emoticon or a +1 (or similar). I never said I only wanted a monologue without comments or suggestions or encouragement. You conveniently ignored my suggestion to have a parallel thread for discussion. Replies with just emoticons could be posted there. For someone looking for ideas or information, a OP only build thread would eliminate useless noise and thread drift. The big foamie thread probably could be boiled down to 20 pages or less. As an engineer, YOU should understand signal/noise ratio.

Your statement:
Maybe the solution is to up your bandwidth, rather than drag other people down
is also offensive and assuming I really have ANY real choice. Are you really telling me to move? I have satellite internet because it is the ONLY thing I can get (I keep looking) other than cell phone internet which is even MORE EXPENSIVE! What I have is expensive enough, at least 2X what people in urban areas pay but bandwidth limited! People with unlimited internet are so arrogant to assume everyone can just download all they want at blazing speed.

The satellite internet provider does allow un-metered usage between midnight to 5 am local time which has caused me to have weird hours but I call it quits at 3am except for exceptional reasons which really messes up my sleep pattern. I can only watch a few youtube videos usually after midnight without burning up my monthly quota. It costs $10+/GB over the monthly quota. Plus my connection is slow, much less than the advertised claim of 12mbs which they weasel word as "maximum". Never, ever, ever had a connection at that speed in testing at any time of day or night. 5mbs was the best ever, usually 2-3mbs.

With attitudes like yours, I'm not inclined to post my build. Someone could benefit. I don't need the acclaim.
-
TeriL
Teardrop Advisor

Postby KCStudly » Fri May 13, 2016 2:51 pm

We can still be friends.

I was merely trying to express that I like the forums the way they are and it doesn't make sense to me to make this particular change to suit a few people, or one person. As an engineer, I know that you don't try to design something to be everything for everyone.

While this is a technical BB, it is also very much a social one, too. It is difficult enough as it is to try to piece a single person's story together and keep them all straight (I follow a lot of builders here, and I can tell you it is difficult enough as it is to follow sometimes), between the introductions, the trailer designs, the build threads and the questions posed in construction techniques; if everyone was as diligent and knowledgeable about placing links tying it all together in their main thread it would be better, but a lot of people don't know or bother to do that, so having one more degree of separation that makes it even harder to keep particular person's threads cohesive does not appeal to me.

If you feel that my comments are offensive, I'm sorry for that, I guess I took your comments as arrogant and selfish, that we should segregate the social aspect of the forums to suit your needs and desires. I apologize if my read was off base and my response offended you.
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:40 pm

I tend to agree.
Those "useless" noise comments are very encouraging and motivational as we all end up hitting hurdles of one type or another in life or the build and some encouragement or help with making a decision makes all the difference.
The purpose of a build thread imho is to show people what weve done or propose to do and welcome thier involvement.
I think what you propose is more people write a manual for YOU not a build thread for themselves and other like minded people.
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby G-Mac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 am

Is it appropriate to start a "build Journal", for a TD that is purchased, in order to document changes/modifications or is there a more appropriate location to put that thread?

Thanks!
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
Build (Mod) Thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67873
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby KCStudly » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:27 am

G-Mac wrote:Is it appropriate to start a "build Journal", for a TD that is purchased, in order to document changes/modifications or is there a more appropriate location to put that thread?

Thanks!

I vote yes. Everyone has something to contribute, regardless of where they are starting from. :thumbsup:
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals