Canceled due to hopelessness, lack of money & skill

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby CPnthrfan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:07 pm

im about to do the same thing with a gutted out Shasta. So i will be watching closely
CPnthrfan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby robertaw » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 pm

aggie79 wrote:Roberta,

That is one cool trailer. :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

You've taken on a pretty big project. I really like the work you've done so far!

Tom

Thanks Tom!! I think it's a pretty cool trailer too! We have had to re-do quite a bit of our own work since we have no clue what we're doing.

I don't know if anyone caught on but when i started this thread we had the rear floor installed (or so I thought) but ended up having to tear it out and re-do it. Hence, the later post with pics of us framing up the rear floor. :lol:

It IS lots of fun and we will go into the next one with a ton of new knowledge and hopefully make less mistakes.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby robertaw » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:43 pm

lauriandgary wrote:
Good job on polishing the windows & trim.

Thanks! Lots more to do on them but I think it will be worth it when I see them shining from our newly painted trailer!

P.S. I recognize you from Rob's site...Welcome!
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby robertaw » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:48 pm

CPnthrfan wrote:im about to do the same thing with a gutted out Shasta

I LOVE your Shasta!! I have never seen a tandem axle one. I hope you will start a build journal or blog so we call all watch.

The one piece of advice I can give you is to take a gazillion pictures before you touch anything. We have had to refer back to original pictures many times and have been thankful to have them.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Ageless » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:52 pm

and hopefully make less mistakes.

Less . . . .or new ones? :)
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby robertaw » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:08 am

Ageless wrote:
and hopefully make less mistakes.

Less . . . .or new ones? :)

:lol: That's probably more likely. I am just the eternal optimist :thumbsup:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby CPnthrfan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 am

thanks i just posted more pics. and thanks for the help. btw where did you get the 88 dollar carport?
CPnthrfan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby robertaw » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:03 am

CPnthrfan wrote:thanks i just posted more pics. and thanks for the help. btw where did you get the 88 dollar carport?

http://www.walmart.com/Caravan-Canopy-10x20-Carport/ip/11007577

You can have it shipped to your local store to pick up for free. Or better yet, have it shipped to your home for 97 cents!
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby grizz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:26 pm

robertaw wrote:
CPnthrfan wrote:thanks i just posted more pics. and thanks for the help. btw where did you get the 88 dollar carport?

http://www.walmart.com/Caravan-Canopy-10x20-Carport/ip/11007577

You can have it shipped to your local store to pick up for free. Or better yet, have it shipped to your home for 97 cents!

97 cents , thats how shipping should be. :applause:
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robertaw » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks to everyone who supported me when I was working on this project. I honestly appreciated it. :thumbsup:

The remains are slowing dying in our yard, having not been touched since late 2009. This dream is officially dead. :cry:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby aggie79 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 am

Roberta,

Please don't throw in the towel just yet. I think you have made remarkable progress. You may want to step away for some time and then re-visit your rebuild.

Our teardrop is in year three of its build. We've had to overcome, financial challenges, TD construction challenges, and other setbacks. Just as we seemed to be getting our TD campable, the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be from a freight train. I totaled our tow vehicle in an accident last week and now we have no way to tow our almost finished TD. I decided to press on and see what happens.

Thank you for all the kind comments in the past.

Take care, Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:33 am

Roberta Im with Tom on this, please dont throw your dream away.. you can do it.. even if you cant get it done now.. I know how it is. when you think the dreams are shattered then one day things turn out and back at the original dream to come true.

Besides. You say you live in the woods? Just a suggestion, Plan a teardrop gathering at your place and have a huge get together with all the teardrop friends available and build your dream with them.. ;) :thumbsup:

Roberta I dreamed of owning a Kit teardrop. Things happened and it got prolonged with health issues and all kinds of downfall then all of a sudden things started rolling again. And now Im restoring or rebuilding 2 of them here in Scandinavia.. the dream is almost fulfilled.

Your dream will come true but dont give up..youve done so much already with your trailer its amazing :applause: :applause: . Park it for now and keep the dream alive.

If you persue your dream it will turn out. Mine did by getting these tears and having them here after dreaming and persuing with persistence. And it didnt happen over night or as I had planned it but..I didnt give up even though it was costly and crazy but the word crazy fits :lol: :lol:

You have so many fellow teardrop friends here on this forum that will be there for you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My tears are not complete yet but Im doing things piece by piece as I can even if it takes me longer.

Best regards to you.
Classic Finn and Family :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby robertaw » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Awwww thanks! The kind words are honestly appreciated. I hate to see anyone going through hard times but it does make me feel less alone to read your stories.

We have let this poor trailer sit for over a year. I fear all progress is likely lost to weather. I just haven't been able to bear looking at it. Recently the entire covering feel apart from apart dry rot and my husband re-tarped it. I didn't ask him how it looked under there.

We decided to go back to tent camping for awhile. We put up our tent to air out and check and our daughters dog ripped the whole side out of it. :x

Trying to get some spirit back and this is surely the place to do it.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:21 pm

:thumbsup: Boy, it is rough to watch a great project go down. It might not be too bad! If it is you may be able to rescue it or sell it and start with something more manageable. Honestly I would love to toss mine but can't afford to build a new one. I will use this one until that changes. Then it is going to become a playhouse. It has a major frame issue that can't be resolved. But I camp in it! ;) :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby steve smoot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Roberta, I started building my camper almost a year ago, and it's sitting in the garage with NO top. I found myself without funds to spend on the camper. It is sad to look at, but one day I hope to finish it. Just have to get through the rough spots first.

You and I need to be thankful that we have so many friends on T&TTT. I like the idea that you could have a camp over in your woods and that folks would come help you out. That is an awesome idea.

Best regards,

Steve
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals