scotty "build" 1973, basket case,,, I WILL WIN !!!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Ageless » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:11 pm

NOW ya share wid me,,,,, ,,,,, gotta long way to go and still dont have answers to all da questions,,,

Well ya did say till today ya had
an AMT 3-in-1 kit with no directions
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Chip » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Lol,,, and its gonna have 5 wheels and a steering wheel on the right
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

12/2/09

Postby Chip » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:47 am

I reccon I better get busy on my floor covering,,,, bed needs a matterace, and walls and ,,,,,,,, well it needs a lot,,, but here is where I is right now

54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Are you making it a fixed bed? Mine is the gaucho sofa/bed but I leave it set up as a bed. I don't like having to put it back to a sofa then a bed everytime. Yours sure looks like it will be sturdy.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Becca I was originally going wid a goucho but was talked out of it by those dat had made and unmade their beds/couch time after time,,,, and finally left it down and just enjoyed it rather than folding and unfolding,,, I figure a couple of fluffy pillows will "goucho" it just fine,,, :D :thumbsup:
Plus there will be less to figure out in the building process,,, back to the "kiss" principle,,,,

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:40 pm

I think you'll enjoy it more the way you are building it. Will you be able to access your storageunder the bed from inside and out? I want to add another door on the side to be able to get to my underbed storage from either side of the camper. Right now I have one door and if I lift the heavy butt mattress up I can get to it inside but that's not fun at all!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Beca,, I am not sure if ya can see the two tubbies under the front of the bed,,, but those are storage that I can access from inside the cabin,,, and then a open area under the rear of the bed for bigger bulky stuff,,, there is an access door on the curb side rear so I can stuff easy up , chairs etc in under the bed,,, I refuse to load up ever square inch wid junk I am not gonna use and haul it all over the place,,,, I REFUSE :thumbsup: :lol:

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Chip wrote:Beca,, I am not sure if ya can see the two tubbies under the front of the bed,,, but those are storage that I can access from inside the cabin,,, and then a open area under the rear of the bed for bigger bulky stuff,,, there is an access door on the curb side rear so I can stuff easy up , chairs etc in under the bed,,, I refuse to load up ever square inch wid junk I am not gonna use and haul it all over the place,,,, I REFUSE :thumbsup: :lol:

chipper

:lol: Yeah, ok...whatever you say (except for the ice maker and stripper pole).
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby John T. Hodgen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:05 am

Hey Becca,
Haven't seen any posts lately on your build of your camper!? Are you done with it? Where can I see the updated pics?
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:28 am

I dont know if its the weather, old age, all the whooo hawwww of the holidays, or just a combination of all the above but my motovation level is way low,,,,, Maybe I need to have a few Geritol shots and a day off,, :thumbsup: I know it aint no fun working in the cold and dragging the panels out in the driveway to sand in 30 degree weather aint my idea of fun,,, I will get back to it soon though,,, it will be spring before I know it and time fer campin,,,,

send motovation and money,,, :lol:

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby John T. Hodgen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 am

Hey Chipper,
I know what you mean about the cold, since New Years we've been below freezing until yesterday!! Makes going out to feed our rescued horse a pain in my old bones :lol: Hope you had a great holiday season but now come on camping season. When it gets warmer I have a few things to take care of in the "Costta Lotta"!
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 am

John T. Hodgen wrote:Hey Becca,
Haven't seen any posts lately on your build of your camper!? Are you done with it? Where can I see the updated pics?

Hey John and Chipper:

No action happening on the Scotty right now. Way too cold to even go open her door and say hello. And, work hours were cut back so the paycheck was cut back. Christmas and New Years brought family in for a visit, then it brought bronchitis, which I am still fighting, so my energy level has been minus zero.

So that's my sad but honest excuse. :(
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals