unnamed trailer build journal

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby grizz » Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Hoping to get mine done by Sunday late as well.... maiden voyage IF we can coax it out the back yard up the ramp.

Love the yard art bear.
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby starleen2 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Watched the video - and have one concern. The skylight window is recessed down in the roof. My concern is that when it rains, the roof will drain water into the recess and you'll be looking up through a pool of water. I know you probably have it sealed very good, but standing water will find it way in eventually :thinking:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby pbrunicorn » Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 am

starleen2 wrote:Watched the video - and have one concern. The skylight window is recessed down in the roof. My concern is that when it rains, the roof will drain water into the recess and you'll be looking up through a pool of water. I know you probably have it sealed very good, but standing water will find it way in eventually :thinking:

I have a "protection" type piece that folds over on a piano hinge when traveling. If rain hits we can fold it over and it will also act as a seal. One of the last pieces of trim I am working on installing now.

I just folded a plus queen size bed and fit it through the door. Pretty proud of that one. :lol:
pbrunicorn
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Build Journals