New No Name starts slingin sawdust today 11/6

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

New No Name starts slingin sawdust today 11/6

Postby xzerokidx » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:58 pm

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the wealth of information and pictures on these boards.

Designed on the fly off the top of my head, and using with the widget as some inspiration.

Reading through these forums for a long while I know less talk and more

:pictures:

Stretched

Stretched more and widened

What a match (I had to build my own trailer hitch)

Profile ( the axle was moved rearwards after this)

Dropped floor ( I'm 6' and my GF 5'11")

Dad helping me out

A well deserved break ( Taste protected, although looking through other posts, a Stella would be more tastey)

Floor plan ( Wish I built my own trailer and went the full width)

This is my niece telling me I NEED a bathroom and I could lift this piece of wood and go. 5 min later she came out and said I could store it jars instead. telling her i'll just go outside and she proceeded to say im the only one in the world who would just "go" outside, and hikers might see me. :)
Image[/img]
xzerokidx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby starleen2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Lookin' Real good so far! :thumbsup:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Ageless » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:21 pm

I see 5 lugs on that Falcon; so what else is it running? I've had quite a few Falcon's thru the years and the little six is a good motor but not made for towing
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby pbrunicorn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:42 pm

What size and wall thickness is the square tube you used for your extensions?
pbrunicorn
Teardrop Builder

Postby xzerokidx » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Ageless wrote:I see 5 lugs on that Falcon; so what else is it running? I've had quite a few Falcon's thru the years and the little six is a good motor but not made for towing

I rebuilt the entire front end and put in granada disc brakes, the rear end is from a 65 mustang V8 car. The drivetrain from a 68 stang, C4 automatic.

The motor is a 6, but not the 144 that came in the falcon. A 200 cube with supposedly 120hp and 190tq. Aluminum radiator, trans cooler, New 5 leaf springs in the rear etc. Doing what I can to bump towing capabilities.

The square tubing is 2x2 11ga

Thanks
xzerokidx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tinksdad » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:51 am

xzerokidx wrote: The motor is a 6, but not the 144 that came in the falcon.

I had a '64 with the 144 and a three on the tree. 0 to 60 in a day and a half. I agree with you that the 200 is a better choice for towing your trailer. I'd still love to have that car back though. Unfortunately a VW Beetle pushed the bumper and fuel tank into the back seat.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby grizz » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:16 am

Nicola and I are 6' and 5'11 respectively as well, which is why I went for the modded Grumman.
Currently still pleased with the choices I have made, as I am making it up as I go along.
Hope it does not end up too heavy.
My bus came with 55hp standard , and currently undergoing a change to 105hp , which is still not a lot, but hopefully will work well enough overall.

Anyway, great pregress. Wish my dad was still around to be that extra pair of hands that make a build even more fun and manageable.

And I love your Falcon, made me smile madly.... as I am a big fan of old American metal.

Keep us updated.
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby xzerokidx » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:14 pm

tinksdad wrote:
xzerokidx wrote: The motor is a 6, but not the 144 that came in the falcon.

I had a '64 with the 144 and a three on the tree. 0 to 60 in a day and a half. I agree with you that the 200 is a better choice for towing your trailer. I'd still love to have that car back though. Unfortunately a VW Beetle pushed the bumper and fuel tank into the back seat.

Id prefer a 3 on the tree over a dog-o-matic anyday, but would love to get a T5 from a fox body behind the 6 and make power more useable. 0-60 is almost unmeasurable, but 0-30 makes me happy enough for now with the 200 and c4 that replaced the 144 and 2speed ford-o-matic.

Sorry to hear a sad story of a classic, I get a :thumbsup: or a story from someone at every gas station or red light I stop at. Seems EVERYONE owned or knew someone that had a falcon growing up

And Grizz I love your fords. I wish we had those driving here in the states. Ive been reading through your build as well
xzerokidx
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Build Journals