Northwoods Build Started

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Northwoods Build Started

Postby xccelagator » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 pm

It has been on my mind for years and I have given in to the sickness! :twisted:

My friend and I started started building his TD. He picked up a set of Kuffel Creek 10" plans. We followed the plans pretty closely, but moved the tongue braces back a bit for added strength. the frame is 47x108" The frame is quite strong and light. (I know because I picked it up and jack-knived it on his truck, I was curious!!). We were quite surprised how fast we got everything together at this point, even with all the triple checking we did. We have his nestled in his garage and will be starting on his cabin. Decisions, decisions......I have been using the living room for a mock-up floor layout for mine and I am driving my wife up the wall more than normal!!! :worship:

Here are some pics of his frame rolling.

Enjoy,
Dan

xccelagator
Teardrop Builder

Postby Lawnjockey » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 am

Nice frame. Mine is of very similar construction. I have it cut up right now because I am extending it a bit. I built it for hauling an ATV behind a Jeep but I also had sides on it and I hauled a lot of heavy drainage gravel in it. Aside from a couple of weak welds (my fault) it carried those heavy loads fine.

Jocko
Lawnjockey
Teardrop Master

Postby xccelagator » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 am

Thanks Lawnjockey! That is a great way to to stress-test your welds!

Dan
xccelagator
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

Xccelagator wrote:
......I have been using the living room for a mock-up floor layout for mine and I am driving my wife up the wall more than normal!!!

Welcome to the madness!

Message to the wife: Manufacture patience! The madness doesn't stop until it is built; but, then, you'll get to reap the rewards! :lol:

Best wishes on your build! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bve » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Message to the wife: Manufacture patience! The madness doesn't stop until it is built; but, then, you'll get to reap the rewards! :lol:

Best wishes on your build! :thumbsup:

LOL I had to laugh at that, because I don't know how many times I've heard someone say "It's never done."

Dan be sure you are posting lot's of pictures, there are some of us around here who don't cope well without a good flooding of build pictures.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Return to Build Journals