1970 Metzendorf Rebuild

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby planovet » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:40 pm

doug hodder wrote:I think it's a real decent trailer! What's interesting and all builders should note the importance of sealing the ply edges. You can see places where the water got under the skin. I don't know if the bottom edge was sealed with anything, could be. May of may not be of importance to some people, that trailer has lasted a long time as it is. I know that I'm planning on sealing all the edges on this new build and will probably put 1 coat of epoxy over the whole thing before I skin it in aluminum. Water is the biggest enemy we have. Have fun with your new project! Doug

Interesting how much water damage there is around the door but not so much around the windows. :thinking:

Like was said before, take it one step at a time. And take plenty of pictures. :pictures:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby SIXTOTWO » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Here are some inside shots so you don't have to open up my album...

Kitchen area.
Do you see on the left side wall, That little bracket is for a cot for one of the kiddos. We also have all the pieces for that and will redo the canvas. The Metz will sleep us and our three littler ones comfortably. The older three....well, who cares where they sleep, they're all over 18...they can remodel their own trailer. hahahahaha :R

Looking in the entrance way. See what I mean about the framing...there's nothing there at the step.

The back couch/bed. There's those brackets I spoke of earlier.

Front table/bed area.

Hanging closet(which will probably go). The bottom housed the heater/furnace of which was a total loss so it got junked. Not too sure what to do with the hole in the skin that vented the heater, we won't be putting a heater back in there. Maybe we could create a compartment that has a door to the outside. Will worry about that when we get to it, as some of you have suggested, one task at a time.

Here are a bunch of the various pieces all boxed up. Couldn't get pics of the skin and doors and such yet.

More to come.....

Q
______
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby SIXTOTWO » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

cuyeda wrote:Here are few photos as motivation.

Here is Rick's (a member of this forum) Metzendorf. I don't know why anyone would consider selling it. Ehhhh Rick. ;-)

Thanks for posting these(something to show the husband) ;) ...

What year is this one? I couldn't find a 1970 in photos anywhere on the internet.
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby greg755 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:10 pm

how is your build going? I feel your pain but when you are done itis so worth it.. Here is a link to some photos of my 62 rebuild maybe they might help you...
Good luck
G
http://cid-a9bececc9e81c06a.skydrive.li ... are%20Down
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby SIXTOTWO » Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm

greg755 wrote:how is your build going? I feel your pain but when you are done itis so worth it.. Here is a link to some photos of my 62 rebuild maybe they might help you...
Good luck
G
http://cid-a9bececc9e81c06a.skydrive.li ... are%20Down

Oh WoW, that is purdy!! Thanks for sharing with us!
We've been camping in the Tear so haven't had time. We just finished the Tear and want to enjoy it for a bit. The Metz I believe will be a winter project!
Thanks!!
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby grizz » Thu May 27, 2010 2:10 pm

How did I miss this one ?

That is a serious challenge, but I am sure it will be done and finished perfectly in due course.
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Build Journals