ultra light build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:43 pm

georgedombeck

Ford Edge. I love it, and I am not a ford guy. Although I have this in the garage now too...

A Model T sedan body... do you have a chassis? or will you hotrod it? ...or make a trailer out of it? LOL. Sorry. Had to ask, after all this is a trailer forum.

:R

Either way, vintage tin is wonderful.

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Ageless » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:59 am

Hanging in the rafters of the garage are (2) frames; Model T and Model TT. I have parts for 90% of the TT plus many T parts; 20 wheels from fair to good. Somewhere there is a pair of old Pierce-Arrow wood spoke wheels.
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby georgedombeck » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 am

I am going to build a late 50's hot rod out of it. Will be welding up my own frame unless I can find a stocker really cheap. :twisted:
georgedombeck
Teardrop Builder

Postby flip18436572 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:41 am

georgedombeck wrote:I am going to build a late 50's hot rod out of it. Will be welding up my own frame unless I can find a stocker really cheap. :twisted:

Build your own!!! The stock frames were weak at best and most have enough rust issues to not waste the time on. I helped with a "T" roadster that we put a blown Chevy small block in.

Sorry to hijack post.
flip18436572
Teardrop Master

Postby georgedombeck » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Been a while since I did some work on the tear. Been working on motorcycles all summer. Time to put on the drivers side tin, windows and take it out on the maiden voyage. g
[IMG]http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o321/georgedombeck/teardropmaidenvoyage019.jpg[/
Image[/img]
georgedombeck
Teardrop Builder

Postby sagebrush » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:03 pm

:thumbsup: Looking REAL GOOD!!!!! :applause: Stainless IS a mother to work with. keep it up. :applause: Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby georgedombeck » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 pm

I only used the Stainless because it was free. Wouldnt do it again.
georgedombeck
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Build Journals