Cloud 9 Diner or Rob & Linda's Lil' Haven? Maiden Voyage

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby bve » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 am

Oh how I envy those of you with heated garages :(

Great progress, you're going to be camping before the snow is gone at the rate you are going.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Postby John T. Hodgen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 am

really...I thought that you'd have it built by the end of page one as fast as your going. :thumbsup: Looking great and watching with interest. You go!!
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby rwelp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 am

It is nice to have a heated shop. Since my garage is my woodshop and never sees a car, I decided it had to be heated as i do much more woodworking in the winter than the summer. Summer is for camping and outdoor activities. ;) I would be moving a little faster except I have been putting in a bit of overtime and when I get home I just can't get myself out there every night. :o
Rob Welp
Build Pics

rwelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:25 am

No need for a heated garage in Phoenix. But then, we don't do much woodworking in the summer here, either. Not much camping either, unless we go to the mountains or leave the state...
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby rwelp » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:04 pm

No new pics to post but I did finally get the sides glued and screwed to the frame. I hope to start building the interior bulkhead walls this weekend.
Rob Welp
Build Pics

rwelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Rob...it looks great! I like the front slant back on the profile! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Ageless » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm

One comment regarding the underside. Luan; if it gets wet will delam rapidly. Keep an eye on it. Even a few rock chips on that finish will be enough to allow the beginnings of a potential problem
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby rwelp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Ageless wrote:One comment regarding the underside. Luan; if it gets wet will delam rapidly. Keep an eye on it. Even a few rock chips on that finish will be enough to allow the beginnings of a potential problem
I've been thinking more and more about that and have decided I will probably use an undercoat product on it.
Rob Welp
Build Pics

rwelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rwelp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Only managed to get one bulkhead wall up this weekend. Running a little short of cash and materials. I did pick up a free dc power converter from a friend, though I'm not sure if I can use it yet, or even if I can figure out how to wire it. :thinking:
Rob Welp
Build Pics

rwelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GreatPumpkin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:29 am

Rob -

Mines a 30 amp while yours is only a 25 amp, but I'll bet they are wired the same. Does yours have a wiring diagram on the inside of the access door? Besides the wiring diagram, someone took the time to label it pretty thoroughly also. I'm still a ways from the wiring stage, but let me know if I can help...

Custom Benroy/Grunman/Hybrid...In Progress
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

Postby rwelp » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:29 am

GreatPumpkin wrote:Rob -

Mines a 30 amp while yours is only a 25 amp, but I'll bet they are wired the same. Does yours have a wiring diagram on the inside of the access door? Besides the wiring diagram, someone took the time to label it pretty thoroughly also. I'm still a ways from the wiring stage, but let me know if I can help...

I checked the converter and it does have a diagram on the inside of the door. Mine only has 3 circuits though and does not have the filtered one for a stereo like yours does. Does this mean I can only wire 3 outlets/lights to mine? When I took mine out of the rv it was in I tried to leave it intact as much as possible. The shore power cord is still connected to the breaker panel. I also left the wires connected to the converter. There is a black wire from the battery, 3 white wires connected to the ground block and a blue wire on each of the first 2 circuits and a red and black wire connected to the 3rd circuit.
:thinking:
Rob Welp
Build Pics

rwelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GreatPumpkin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:29 am

rwelp wrote:I checked the converter and it does have a diagram on the inside of the door. Mine only has 3 circuits though and does not have the filtered one for a stereo like yours does. Does this mean I can only wire 3 outlets/lights to mine? When I took mine out of the rv it was in I tried to leave it intact as much as possible. The shore power cord is still connected to the breaker panel. I also left the wires connected to the converter. There is a black wire from the battery, 3 white wires connected to the ground block and a blue wire on each of the first 2 circuits and a red and black wire connected to the 3rd circuit.

No, you're good to add as many as needed to each of the three circuits as long as you stay under the amp rating per circuit/fuse. The two wires on the third circuit shows the RV manufacturer also had multiples hooked up.

Think of it like your home breaker box, you have more than one outlet/light on those breakers, you just can't exceed the 15 or 20 amp breaker rating.

I took some more pictures of the labels inside mine, but accidently deleted them. I'll retake them this week and post them...
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

Postby GreatPumpkin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:26 am

As requested, here's a couple more pics of the labeling. I guess it's not really much more help than the wiring diagram, but I hope it helps...

The black romex in the bottom right is the 110 AC input, the Red and White wires go to the battery. The blues and browns are the 12v power leads, and the whites are all on the common ground bar.
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

Postby rwelp » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 am

GreatPumpkin wrote:As requested, here's a couple more pics of the labeling. I guess it's not really much more help than the wiring diagram, but I hope it helps...

The black romex in the bottom right is the 110 AC input, the Red and White wires go to the battery. The blues and browns are the 12v power leads, and the whites are all on the common ground bar.

Thanks GP, That does help some. Do you happen to know if these converters also charge the battery?
Rob Welp
Build Pics

rwelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GreatPumpkin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:39 am

rwelp wrote:Thanks GP, That does help some. Do you happen to know if these converters also charge the battery?

Mine does (or is supposed to, haven't got to the wiring/testing stage). Look directly above the fuses and see if you have another little access "door" - it has a sticker like this:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals