An albuquerque teardrop build UPDATE PICS

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: day 7

Postby mandy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 am

scaramoche wrote:I think it's 7 :P, either way......

I Finished the galley, and hinged it today. Granted I had some help in my nephew who made the mistake of needing a ride from High school today. I love free labor.

My TD only has the door that needs to be built, sanding of whole TD, then it's stain, seal, sand, seal....x7+ times :P. but OMG it looks awesome. Ill load pic's tomorrow after I clean the garage :)

I cant wait to meet you all, me and my wife Paula are so excited!

NOTE: Paula came up with a name for our TD

Name: Heaven Fun

Thats an awsome name. :thumbsup: Your going so fast can't wait for the pics.
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

daily update

Postby scaramoche » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 am

yesterday I only did about 2 hours of work.

I did some sanding, and I carpeted the walls in the sleeping area :), look awesome. i still need to do some trim in there, ie molding, and finish shelves but...WOW looking good :)

Today im not sure what to do, weather is a bit bad, and cold, but going to try and bundle up so i can sand some, i still need to build door(may have to wait till the monday and payday, cause i need some t molding). I may also start on trim today.

I really need to update some pics. it's come a long way in a week.

doug
scaramoche
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Yesterday I wanted to change out the coupler on my chuckwagon I have stored in the back lot at the plant.

I spent 17 minutes digging thru the snow to get the car moving again.

Never touched the trailer couldn't get to it , it was in a 3 foot drift

so , disgusted I just went on home.

I am starting to really hate snow ................ :fb
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

getting close

Postby scaramoche » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Well today was a long...long...long day. I worked on TD from 8am to till an hour ago, ie 7pm. almost 11 hours of hard work. But it was well worth it.

I finished the door, cut and sanded all my trim, sanded again.

Now all the cutting, screwing, glueing etc is done...hehehe TIME FOR STAINING.

Tomorrow ill move td out of garage, then give both the td and garage a good cleaning, then prep for monday to start staining then sealant.

I took some pics today, but im to tired to hunt down cable, and trasfer :P well time for a glass of wine, or a beer, then a hot bath.
doug

doug
scaramoche
Teardrop Builder

coffee then back to work

Postby scaramoche » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 pm

well it's saturday. Wife has her sis comming over in a cpl hours so it's a perfect excuse to move td, clean garage, and see what happens. for the next hour im going to soak myself in coffee, troll the boards for a bit, and gather the nerv to work heheh(im a bit sore today)

Doug

update!
It's 6pm here and i spent the day, cleaning garage, then sanded, sanded again, then cleaned dust etc again. And stained!

woot
scaramoche
Teardrop Builder

update

Postby scaramoche » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm

I havent logged on for a few days, but fear not i have been very busy. I started sealing my lovely td 2 days ago, im on third coat, and getting ready to dao 4th. I will be taking a few days off, being that this afternoon, me and paula are driving up to farmington to visit family for a few days, then back home sunday, and continue with sealing :)
scaramoche
Teardrop Builder

Re: update

Postby mandy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 pm

scaramoche wrote:I havent logged on for a few days, but fear not i have been very busy. I started sealing my lovely td 2 days ago, im on third coat, and getting ready to dao 4th. I will be taking a few days off, being that this afternoon, me and paula are driving up to farmington to visit family for a few days, then back home sunday, and continue with sealing :)

Have fun and bring us lots of picts from the trip. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals