Started a tear. Sold my other home built camper.

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Started a tear. Sold my other home built camper.

Postby ktnc30 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Started a Benroy with few modifications. Am doing a 4X8 to tow behind a Jeep Wrangler. We layed in it already for awhile and think its ok. Majority of time while camping is spent out of camper anyway. Did 1/2 ply for sides and will leave roof spars exposed. Red Mahogany for the inside stain with a dark Mahogany trim stain. Should contrast well. Decided to stain after put together but before roof is on, have done desks, cabinets that way and prefer it although a little harder. Sold my other built camper 6.5X12, so have to be ready for an early April camping trip- no pressure!! Took some days off work in March to give me some extra time. Havent decided on exterior finish yet, leaning towards stain/ varnish as it will be kept in the garage unless camping, but may do paint as I did with last one(held up well).

Will post link to album, hope I do it right.

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... er_id=4710

Kevin
ktnc30
Teardrop Builder

Lookin Good !

Postby cecil » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:13 am

Going to be and is a great job, ie Tear Drop !
Can`t wait to see the finished product :)
You are making two of everything , aren`t you?
Too cold up here to work on one , may have ours done for the August trip :D , see you next month ;)
cecil
Teardrop Builder

Return to Build Journals