Back on the build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Clifford Loose » Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 am

Thanks for the kind words. It has been great therapy for me. I have enjoyed piddling around on it when I had some free time. I got inspired by so many great builds. I changed some things along the way. I am looking forward to getting on the road and meeting some of the people that inspired me to do my build. hope to see a lot of you down the road in the near future. take care Cliff
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Cushions and table done

Postby Clifford Loose » Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Got a little more done this week. Got new tires and installed table hardware. I took my motorcycle out today on a little 50 mile loop I do. I pass by this nice campground all the time and took some pictures of how the big motor homes camp. Thought I would share it with you. Also I pass by several waterfalls on this loop also. Not necessarily build pictures but had to have a break.

Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby John T. Hodgen » Wed May 05, 2010 6:20 am

hey Cliff,
That waterfall reminds me of the Falls off of the Spearfish Canyon road in South Dakota. but it was after you went to the bottom it was really High. I went to Sturgis in '92, camped in a two man pup tent for 14 days, road from South Louisiana on an '80 Sportster. Had a hell of a time, both good and bad...lol! I'll tell you of that trip when we finally meet up.
That looks like a really nice campground there. The shoulder is doing great after my surgery last week. I'll be putting my carbs back together today and see about getting the bike running.
I checked out the spillway from the Dam here in Summersville the other day. They have 19 free spots with a really nice bathhouse right by the river. Plan on camping this weekend.
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed May 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing! :applause: That drive is probably a nice way to get you back in the mood to finish your build, which is already looking really nice. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Clifford Loose » Thu May 06, 2010 9:58 pm

John, glad to see your shoulder is doing fine. Can't wait to get together and talk about all our adventures. Hope you have a great camping weekend. Be sure to take some pictures and share so I can get an idea of what the campground looks like - maybe I'll get there myself one day? Good luck getting your bike back on the road again. Later, Cliff
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby grizz » Fri May 07, 2010 1:32 am

Perfect change in pace Cliff.

I prefer things not to be too rigidly "on thread"

Thanks for posting.

Inside of the TD looks good.
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Thanks

Postby Clifford Loose » Mon May 10, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks Sharon and Grizz. Sharon keep up the good work on your build. Grizz I see a van on your site. I got a pic of a van I saw on my camping week end that I thought you mite enjoy. They camp all over the south in it. Also have a thrown in a few more pics of my little motorcycle trip. I will post some more pictures of my build as soon as I return from our cruise.

Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby John T. Hodgen » Tue May 11, 2010 5:45 am

Hey Clifford,
Click on my photobucket link and go to the file..Summersville Dam camp 2010 to see the pics of the free 19 sites. What was funny when we was camping, the rockclimbers left the day we got there and we had t guys that were Raft riders but never around, we had the camp all to ouselves. :lol: I had figured there would be lots of campers there early due to Mother's Day weekend but I guess there wasn't any Mother's that wanted to camp but us :D We cooked a geat Deer Stew on the coals of our campfire tho :thumbsup:
Til late by the fire--John T. and Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Thanks John for the Great Pictures

Postby Clifford Loose » Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 am

John looks like a great weekend. The weather looks like it was perfect for you. I have been thinking about coming up around your area to do some ATV trails in the fall. Is this campground close to some of these trials? John keep doing what your doing. Cliff :applause:
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Build Journals