Back on the build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Back on the build

Postby Clifford Loose » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Had to stop on the build for some health reasons. Im better now and have
finished the cabinet doors. I have wired in the sound system and have installed AC unit. Built the battery box for the front and painted fenders.
Now that I have finished all the wiring I will finish the roof and hatch. I plan on installing speakers in the hatch also. Will try to post some pictures.Image
Last edited by Clifford Loose on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very nice cabinets! Welcome back and am glad to hear you are well!!!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Thanks Miriam

Postby Clifford Loose » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:44 am

This was my first attempt at panel doors. I am glad to be able to continue on the build. I see so many nice builds on this site that keeps me motivated to finish mine this year. I think that 2010 will be the year that I can start enjoying Some of the great campgrounds around this area. I will post a picture of the head board cabinet doors installed.Image
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby pete42 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am

WOW I would like cabinets like yours in the front of my Cargo trailer (when I get one)
how and from what did you make them they look great.
I know about the health issues it sure sucks getting old.
Great build I'll be watching.
Pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Thanks pete

Postby Clifford Loose » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:08 am

The doors are made out of hickory a friend of mine had laying around his shop. I used a router table for the rail and stile profile. looking forward to seeing your build. You are right about getting old it does not agree with me. Take care.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Moving right along

Postby Clifford Loose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Got the storage cover/tabletop installed (stapled a strap to the underside for easy access to the storage area) and the battery box supports welded, as well as getting the vent fitted and a headstart on the roof installation. My wife picked up the foam cushions (6" and very comfortable) for the couch/bed as well as some upholstery material for the cushion covers and valances and coordinating fabric for matching curtains and pillows. She also bought some items for the galley (dishes, bowls, glasses, shelf liner) and some storage containers - I guess she really intends to make this our 'home away from home'.
Last edited by Clifford Loose on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby synaps3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Be nice Gage, he just forgot to hit enter. Perhaps a mod can fix it for him. :)

I like your huge outdoor workshop setup. It looks kinda like an airplane hangar. I'm jealous. :thumbsup:
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby GreatPumpkin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Looks good. Great quality work.
I've always liked the look of Hickory.

Don't let the "constructive criticism" get to you. We always like to see others builds and lots of pictures. :D
Custom Benroy/Grunman/Hybrid...In Progress
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

Postby Clifford Loose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Dave, thanks for your comments (and the hint about the pictures - I went in and fixed my recent posts). Nice to have someone be helpful rather than making negative comments! :applause:
The 'airplane hanger' is a second garage we built to house our boat, but thus far we haven't managed to get the boat inside since I'm using it as a workshop of sorts; sure does make it nice to be able to work on the teardrop inside on those cold winter days. Cliff
Last edited by Clifford Loose on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 am

Beautiful cabinetry. Your doing a very nice tear. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Clifford Loose » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks for your comment. Wanted something sturdy and nice looking and a friend had the hickory that he let me have for a good price. My wife liked the look of the beadboard. Looked at some of your pics and really like your teardrop.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Light at the end of the tunnel

Postby Clifford Loose » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Starting to see things falling into place. I was able to finish the roof this week and skin the hatch. Wired the hatch for lights and sound system speakers and installed the reading lights. Filled all the screw holes and sealed the battery box. Thinking I will be able to camp in it soon.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Little more done

Postby Clifford Loose » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Was able to seal and prime the tear this week. My wife Glenda got all of the trim, both window frames and the battery box painted black and will put the window tint on the windows this weekend. Named the tear LiL' Roundabout. Have to go to New Orleans for work next week so it will be another week before I can get back on the build. If the weather holds out and I can get a few really productive days in, I expect to have the tear finished up in the next 2 - 3 weeks.
Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Some minor set backs but still plugging away

Postby Clifford Loose » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 am

Got back from New Orleans and got back to work. Decided to change to a bigger hinge on the door. That turned out to be time intensive since I had to take all the trim off the door and cut down the size of the door. Still trying to finish up soon to start camping around the area.

Clifford Loose
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bve » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Very nice build!

A couple questions if I may...
    What are your dimensions?
    How much clearance to you have at the hatch when opened? - ground to hatch underside.
    How deep are the cabinets in the front of the tear?

Thanks in advance,
Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Next

Return to Build Journals