Steve Smoot starts his camper

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby steve smoot » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 am

Good morning Pete,

I know how you feel about losing a pet. We had a Chow Chow named Chu Ling Shi. She was the best dog ever. She died at the age of 12. I would not even look at another dog for years after that, then I found little Zena. She needed a home, or they would have put her down, so that was eleven years ago, and she is really showing her age and costing some big bucks to keep her with us as long as possible.

Then there are the other pets in the Smoot Zoo. Sam the wonder dog, I wonder what the hell I was smoking when I got him..lol...and Rocky D. Kitty, he is about 12 or 13 and only sleeps with me. Then Rocky the Mean Kitty, who belongs to my wife, but doesn't know it, so he only comes to me. Wonder why them cats don't like Beth? :thinking:

Sorry, but it's my thread anyways..lol...

Steve
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 pm

steve smoot wrote:Thanks Al,

I will read more about the paint from Rot Doctor. I recall someone else on here was talking about a paint they bought for much less and it took two coats to cover. I believe it was under a thread about "being thrifty" or something like that.

Anyways, I appreciate you sending the link.

Steve

Steve I sealed my trailer with CPES, then used Kilz Premium Primer, and finished it off with Rustoleum High Performance Protective Enamel. The Kilz and the Rustoleum were fairly inexpensive, readily available, and have held up great so far.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Zach,

You are the man :thumbsup: You are all over the place. Sure wish I had a little bit your energy...

Did you do all the corners/ edges with fiberglass, or just seal the plywood with CPES then prime and paint?

Steve
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Nope, no fiberglass... just sealed, primered, and painted. Like anything with paint, I'm sure there will come a time that I need to refresh it a bit, but right now that Rustoleum Enamel still looks as good as the day I finished the build.... and I used the trailer A LOT this summer, in all sorts of weather conditions.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:21 am

Any updates for us Steve? I was thinking about coming down your way for the Tearjerkers Spring Fling in Glendale Springs on May 20-22. Would be great to see you there!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Zach, sorry I just saw your question this morning. Guess I been over at FB way too much. :lol:

I have not done anything else with the camper. As you know, the wife and I have separated. I am still trying to get my house refinanced so I can buy her out and she has a house under contract that she needs the money to close...geez....

Now, if all this sh** gets resolved, I hope to get my trailer finished by then. I would love to come over to Glendale Springs. I went over last year to visit for about an hour. The folks would not let me stay more than one hour unless I paid for a days camping, can you believe that?

Steve
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm

steve smoot wrote:Hi Zach, sorry I just saw your question this morning. Guess I been over at FB way too much. :lol:

I have not done anything else with the camper. As you know, the wife and I have separated. I am still trying to get my house refinanced so I can buy her out and she has a house under contract that she needs the money to close...geez....

Now, if all this sh** gets resolved, I hope to get my trailer finished by then. I would love to come over to Glendale Springs. I went over last year to visit for about an hour. The folks would not let me stay more than one hour unless I paid for a days camping, can you believe that?

Steve

I understand how life can get in the way! Just looking forward to when the title of your thread changes to "Steve Smoot finishes his camper"

:lol:

Thats too bad about the park being like that. I know some parks may charge a visitor fee of $5 or something like that, but never heard of them demanding the fee of a overnight stay.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Zach, if you are there, I will be there too. I hope it's pulling my camper, but I will still be there to say hello in person. :thumbsup:
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey Steve, looking great but I see some wasted space under those eves. (can I call them that.) I wonder if some small storage might work there. Like a place to keep electrical cords and such. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby steve smoot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Miriam. You must have one of those twin screen monitors or something. How do you watch out for T&TTT and facebook at the same time :thinking:

Yea, I recon you could use the space to put storage drawers. When I did that, I had a really good idea for doing it, now I can't remember WTS it was :oops:
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to Build Journals