A little "Scotty" Diversion...."Finished"

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Judeyramone wrote:I just read this thread from start to finish, and have to add my 2¢ about seasonal allergies. I used to get horrible hay fever every spring, and again in the fall... for about 4 weeks at a time. The cure for pollen allergies is honey, but it must be locally produced honey (the reasons behind this should be plainly evident). About 8yrs ago, my parents made friends with a beekeeper at their church, and ever since, I have gotten quarts of honey as gifts on every occasion. I haven't bought honey in years, but more importantly, my seasonal allergies are truly a thing of the past - important to me, since I have always worked outdoors. Gurl, who is athsmatic, has experienced similar results ever since she was added to my parents' "free honey" list. A teaspoon in a cup of tea, 2-4 mornings a week, and kiss the hay fever good-bye. To be perfectly honest, I don't know how one goes about finding a local beekeeper, but glad I don't have to.

And not only from my personal experience. Google "honey + allergies" and see what comes up. This, for example:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/disease ... rgies2.htm

I don't have allergy problems but I will pass on this valuable information to my daughter n law. We are fortunate to have a local beekeeper about one mile from us! Thanks for the info!!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals