Walls & Floor done !!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Walls & Floor done !!

Postby Chuckles2153 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Well this week wasn't as productive as it could have been but i managed to get my walls glassed of the interior and got the floor cut and assembled.
I used liquid glass on the interior walls really for 1 reason, I had 4 gallons setting around and decided to use them on this build. Does anybody know how hard it is to pop bubbles on a wall with around 38 sq. feet? yep i was a bubble popping person for about 3 hours!! :crazy: Tomorrow i'm going to putting the sides on and mounting the spars but before i do does anyone have experience with using old growth oak for the spars?
I have some 2 x material that has been laying in my shop for more than 5 years and hasn't warped or twisted at all.
OK no more talking and let's get to some pictures.
Image[img][url]http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=64445[/img]
Last edited by Chuckles2153 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckles2153
Teardrop Master

Postby grizz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:29 am

Nothing like progress, I need to do some more varnishing soon.

Image[/img]
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sagebrush » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:25 pm

The old oak should be VERY good. You will need to drill pilot holes a little larger than would be used with newer wood. My house has old growth Douglas Fir studs and joists ,need to drill pilot holes for EVERYTHING!
:) Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Chuckles2153 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:49 am

sagebrush wrote:The old oak should be VERY good. You will need to drill pilot holes a little larger than would be used with newer wood. My house has old growth Douglas Fir studs and joists ,need to drill pilot holes for EVERYTHING!
:) Will

Hey Will,
I figured on drilling pilot holes first since you can't even shoot a nail into this wood. Just planing these boards down wore out 2 sets of blades.
Chuckles2153
Teardrop Master

Return to Build Journals