Off and Running

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Off and Running- update 5/15/11

Postby cyfan72 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:55 pm

So I installed the aluminum and corner trim. The guy I bought the trim from suggested adhering the edge of the roof aluminum (about 3" around the edge) to the wood, recommended a product called Trempro. Here is the aluminum installed.
I put the roof on first, waited 24 hours before I "unclamped" the roof and put on the sides
You can't have enough clamps. I didn't.
Flat insert molding along the bottom of the side panels.
Got the hatch installed next. It fit!
Installed the exterior light. I don't have my battery yet so I hooked up the 12v to my Jeep via a jumper cable to test the lights. Both interior and exterior lights worked! :thumbsup:
120v power inlet on the street side.
I found that the tan trim insert matched the ivory of the roof perfectly. Really dressed up the trim.
Front of tear with aluminum and trim complete.
Back of tear.
2" aluminum angle on the rear edge of the galley floor. I like the look of the stainless steel screws.

Have to trim the exterior edge of the galley and finish the interior of the hatch. The counter will get a piece of Formica laminate, I think I'm going to go with a quilted aluminum backsplash.
The 12v wiring travels from the tongue box underneath the trailer, entering between the galley and living space. I used watertight conduit to protect the wires and for a neater look.
I'm going to build the door next, have to get the opening trimmed first so I know what the rough opening is. I can taste the end of this project. The light at the end of the tunnel is NOT an oncoming train!
cyfan72
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AlStAubin » Sun May 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Really super looking trailer. I like the exterior colors, didn't realize the aluminum could be bought in colors. Just getting ready to start mine and your build has given me much more desire towards the aluminum. Looking forard to seeing the completed model
Keep on smiling, makes people wonder what you've been up to!!
AlStAubin
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cyfan72 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Finished the galley. Plain white formica with aluminum edge trim, aluminum backsplash with quilted pattern I added myself :D . I used aluminum roof flashing cut to length and width, then used a sharpened wooden dowel to make parallel lines for the quilted pattern. I REALLY like the way it turned out. Image

I decided it would be nice to have a sink. I laminated a piece of the white formica I used for the counter to a 1/2" piece of plywood, cut an opening for a plastic washtub, edged it in aluminum edge trim, and added a utility sink faucet. I decided to hang it from the exterior wall with an aluminum french cleat.

The drain is a section of hose directed into a 5 gallon bucket.

The finishing touch.....my wife made curtains for the entry door window and larger interior window. We found a Route 66 fabric that goes well with the interior color scheme. She even made a little throw pillow.
What to do next? We took this baby camping!
It was truly a labor of love, worth every minute of care in the design and build.
cyfan72
Teardrop Inspector

Postby parnold » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Everything turned out great! I love the galley, and the backsplash adds a real nice touch.

Enjoy many, many trips!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
parnold
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Beautiful! Looks like you did everything right to have hundreds of new memories!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby J.Heyboer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:49 am

Nice, you make it look easy!

John
J.Heyboer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Good Job! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. :D
S. Heisley