Trails in the Sand new updates 9-28-11

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Alan and Lianna » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Well, with this update, we should be caught up with what we have done so far.
On the inner cabinets, we installed a 1/2 inch red oak barrier, to stop the baskets we use from sliding and knocking the doors open
On the rear cabinets, we were storing the liquids in a basket to help protect from any spills, but it seems we always have more than will fit in the basket, so I fiberglassed and epoxied the entire bottom to help contain any spills
Before
After
I built a small dam around the wires and after epoxying it, filled it with silicone
We had this one drawer, where we stored the large cooking utinsils, that always seemed cluttered and difficult to open and close
So on the rear of this coffee station, we had some free space
Where we added a box to store the utinsils
We cut from some vinyl a license plate for our bread box
Installed some 55 watt reverse lights under the camper, so not to blind anyone guiding us in. I wired these to the reverse circuit in the truck through a relay I added
I am looking at adding plexiglass to one side of the pantry drawer to stop items from bouncing out a getting lodged against the wall
And We installed some new bedding
We are planning a large trip next month, so we are trying to get all the upgrades and changes done by the 30th

Alan and Lianna
Don't just dream about it!
Wake up and make it happen...
Alan and Lianna
Teardrop Master

Postby campmaster-k » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Great details and ideas. thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby Alan and Lianna » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks Kirk,

On the original install of the hurricane hinge, I goofed and cut it back too far, even though it did not leak, it would drip into the galley if it was open during a rain.
So we installed a new rear half of the hinge
and encased the wiring
When we originally installed the Hatch prop rods, we bought the largest ones we could find at a local Napa auto parts, which were 25 inches long, but did not really hold up the hatch high enough. Lianna being 5'1" had no problems, but me at 5' 10" was right at the limit, so we bought 26" prop rods nearly a year ago and finally installed them and WOW it increased the height by approximately a foot.
Original
New Props
We installed a third tail/stop light
Our original curtains worked, but with them not being secured at the bottom, on windy days, we had to make sure we didn't close the door on them.
Original
So we built some new curtain rod supports for the top and bottom out of some red oak
We installed the new curtains that Lianna sewed up to match the new bedding, and in this picture, you can see that we replaced the rope door limiter with ones we found in a cream color and secured it with a bowline because the caribiners we had could not stand up to the wind.

A few more upgrades, then heading out on a 2 week trip to Wyoming this weekend!!!
:D
Alan and Lianna
Don't just dream about it!
Wake up and make it happen...
Alan and Lianna
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Dear Alan and Lianna:

You have been very diligent in looking for and improving your teardrop. Also, I love the newly re-done light fixture and your new linens! Have fun on you upcoming camp trip! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals