A Tennessee Teardrop - Updated 5/21/10

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: A Tennessee Teardrop - 5/21/10

Postby grizz » Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

GregB wrote:
thebruntons wrote: Although, it turns out the bottoms of the walls were not as straight as we thought they were, and now there is about a 1/8 inch gap on one side where the wall should be sitting on top of the floor. We're trying to figure out the best way to fill it in. :(
Stay tuned for more!

Liz

Oh, let me sing the praises of wood filler, caulk and trim, that I might hide mine sins of construction from the world.

The Trailer Book of Greg 146:2

Chuckling away here, I was saved last night by Nicola's beady eye... from amkig a significant mistake, today, working alone as i do most of the time, I made a 20mm mistake again, it will be covered up, and nobody will know, but there are amny remedies for the small erroros we make.

Never see it as failure, it is development .
Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby thebruntons » Fri May 21, 2010 11:04 pm

We got the roof spars in tonight - just in time for bed.

Liz (and Eldon)
thebruntons
Teardrop Inspector

It works! Update - 1/2/11

Postby thebruntons » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 pm

I know I haven't been on this site for a while, but our teardrop is (mostly) finished and we have taken it on two roadtrips over the last several months - one to the Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway, and one to the springs of Ocala FL. Can't even tell it's behind the truck as we're driving!
It's very cozy and kept us warm and dry on both trips. Here are some pictures. We also finished painting the galley for the FL trip, but I don't have a picture of that. It's now white, except for the counter, and has some carpeting on the floor. The siding is just aluminum flashing glued on with outdoor carpet glue, and taped and caulked where needed. Thank you to everybody who offered advice and posted their own journals- we couldn't have built this thing without you guys!

[/img]
thebruntons
Teardrop Inspector

Postby aggie79 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:23 pm

How did I miss this one?

Congratulations on a beautiful teardrop and thank you for posting those wonderful photos of your trips.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:10 am

Welcome back to the party! Great pictures from your trips! Glad you are enjoying your teardrop!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 am

Congratulations on completing your teardrop! It looks very cozy inside. The pine-paneled ‘headboard’ with the rope trim adds a nice touch. Thanks for posting more pictures. We love seeing the pictures of both your teardrop and your trips. After all, a teardrop is built to be enjoyed on the highway and CAMPING trips! :vroom: :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals