Astro-Benny - Updated March 1 - Improvements

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Very nice build! And CONGRATS on the maiden voyage!!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby DesertSkies » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:58 pm

After a couple of trips I've added a couple of things.

First, I added a skirt along the bottom of the hatch to shed water. It's a piece of plastic garage door seal and so far it does the trick:

Next, I added a battery box to the tongue. A friend at a metal yard gave me a piece of steel for a base and I used a marine box. My battery is too big for the back and I didn't like having to carry it separately.

I'm having some problems with the hinge leaking. It doesn't seem to be bad in rain but really leaks when I wash it. I'm probably just spraying water in a direction it wasn't designed to take. I'm not too worried about it as I'm working on a rubber seal for it and the inside is very well protected with epoxy and polyurethane.

Excuse the dust, she's been on a few trips in the desert! One was a little more "off-road" than I expected. The stuff in storage spaces got scrambled pretty badly but the structre held together well.
DesertSkies
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals