Tangerine Dreamer Its begun

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Vindi_andy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 am

OK so not much achieved this weekend as we had to go shopping for school uniform for when the girls go back but did manage to pick up some lightweight untensils in a matching color.

Got a couple of the original floor sheets off and did some measuring up of the chassis. I was planning on having the wall run totally inside the wheels however the front stays are wider so its either have a piece of chassis sticking out and some clever moulding to shape it back in or fit the walls further out and cut around the wheels.

Ive decided to cut around the wheels which will make the tear slightly wider like 5'8 but will be the lesser of the 2 evils. I have managed to save the original plastic inner wheel arches so I will use the to mark the walls then seal them to the wall and cut them off flush and put some 1/2 arches on the outside.

Also been playing around with some graphics for the hatch or front (a long wasy off I know but I have to do these things as they come to me) and would like your thoughts on what I have come up with. Its just a combination of wordart and clip art but I think it works.

Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Postby Vindi_andy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:38 pm

OK guys quick update.

The chassis has now been stripped down and cut to size and been painted but it was too dark to take a picture of it all painted

Giving the chassis a short back and sides

Oh Im getting too old for this :lol:

Profile standing ready to try it for size
Image[/img]

Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Postby Vindi_andy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 am

Not posted much for a while due to a combination of factors.

So time for an update.

Now have a finished chassis with cable for rear lights clipped in and gas line clipped in. Used copper pipe for gas line as per original but have replaced it all.

Fitted floor and insulation under coated the underside of floor with preservative before fitting and will give it a coat of underseal at some point.

Got the outer profiles finished ready to fit. They will hang 5" below the floor to hide the chassis.

And now for some pics.

Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Postby droid_ca » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 pm

wow this is a good thread
going to follow this one for sure
I really like your graphic idea
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals