build plan drawing

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

build plan drawing

Postby PhotoGuy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm just in the planning stages of my off road tear drop. I will be using it for my freelance photography business, When I go on solo trips.

The weather was not all the great out today, So I did not get out and take any new photos, So I put pen to paper and started working on some ideas...

What do you think? its not much.. but its a start.
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=66935
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm

It's a great start! Once you put your ideas to paper it's just a step closer to achieving your goal. I've built trailers with not much more than that before. Being a photographer, you have a natural creative mind and can visualize things...just my thoughts though. You'll do fine! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby PhotoGuy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks Doug. Yes I have a lot of ideas. Most of the time I will be way out in the woods, So I need to have water and lots of battery life with me. I'm planning to add solar to keep my lap top and cameras charged.

Not sure if I am going to buy a frame or build my own. And for the over all size I was thinking 5x10. I am also thinking of using the back as storage rather then a kitchen. Since when I am out I do most of my cooking over the camp fire.

I looked at your photos and like your idea for your roof. Something like that would work for me, since I am rather tall. But it would get in the way of my canoe.
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby grizz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 am

Good thing is once you start, it helps refering to what you plan, I had a photoshopped pic up in the garage which kept me going at times.

Thought I would post a pic of your plan for all to see on the thread.

Greetings from England.

Rian.

Hoping to get it all done in time.
grizz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PhotoGuy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks for posting my photo. I wanted to do that but couldnt get it to work :)
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby Rigsby » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:28 pm

It looks spot on mate :applause: , now get making saw dust
DOOIN IT THE YAARKSHA WAY--FA NOWT, THA NUS !!
Rigsby
500 Club

Postby PhotoGuy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Well... I'm one step closer to starting my build. I have spent so much time ready about and looking at others build I just had to get started. I have a RV grave yard not far from my house, So I went and looked around. Got some great ideas and now I am starting to look for a frame.

The other day I scrapped out an old computer case that I had full of computer hard drives for my photo business.. And I kept the 2 case fans to use in my build. I have read that some other people have used them to move air around there builds.

More to come:0
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Postby Rigsby » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Ive used one in my Scavenger build, but have found that when screwed to wood they tend to drone a bit, To stop this i had to mahe the hole it was venting through bigger than the fan frame and suspend it in the hole with small cable ties
So far ive not had to reason to use it though as ive had the window open.
steve
DOOIN IT THE YAARKSHA WAY--FA NOWT, THA NUS !!
Rigsby
500 Club

Postby sly1990 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:47 pm

What is the scale?
6 inches / Square?

OMG that will be huge tires... :? :lol:

Keep going... can't wait to see yours in progress :thumbsup:
sly1990
Teardrop Builder

Postby PhotoGuy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Sly1990.......The drawing is not 100% to scale.. But it will have large tires on it. I am building my tear to get off road back to some places that I need to be for my photo business.

I am planning to make it 4'x10 and have it at least 30" off the ground. All the power will come from 2 - 12v batteries and have a solar panel to keep them full. It will not have a normal kitchen in the back, instead I will use the area for storage. Most of my cooking will be done over the fire, BBQ or LP gas stove. I will have a large water tank, small pump and sink. I will be using my 12V fridge/cooler to keep my food and drinks cool

The tear is being built just for me, and only needs to have enough room to sleep and somewhere to hide out of the rain and edit photos. I own a normal 30' RV that I use when i take my family away on holidays.

Heading out tomorrow looking at frames again.
PhotoGuy
Teardrop Master

Return to Build Journals