Build Update July 19, 2010

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Build Update July 19, 2010

Postby PapaJ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Everyone:

Been awhile since my last post The broken ankle definitely had a bad effect on the build schedule. :shock:
And because I couldn't ride for so long, well, you know..... :lol:

But the past few days, I feel I've really made some headway. I don't think it is going to be a real pretty teardrop, but I'm pretty sure it will much more functional than my first attempt. :thumbsup:

I have a class reunion in September in Fort Desoto Park. It is an annual event for all graduating classes from Key West High and there are usually several hundred people there. If it is finished (and it should be) I'm going to go a day early and camp out. I will have my Conch Republic Flag flying high. Fort Desoto is a beautiful park.
:applause:

When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 am

PapaJ,

Your teardrop is coming along nicely. I like the angular look. Sounds like you've fought through some pretty tough health issues, but stayed motivated. Keep up the good work.

Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby PapaJ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks, Tom

I went with the "Weekender" design because I tried a regular design once before and had less than good luck.

I think this is more to my skill level. :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Return to Build Journals