And so it begins...... The Battle Boxx!!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

And so it begins...... The Battle Boxx!!

Postby jeepinjason51 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 pm

First thing's first...... I'm a noob. :duh A noob to this anyway. I'm not unfamiliar with anything automotive and using trailers though. I went to school and graduated with a degree in automotive technology and worked as a mechanic for 5 years. I'm now a service guy for an irrigation company, pulling a trailer about 3 days a week. Also I was raised on a farm. So in other words, a jack of all trades, master of none.

Now, on to the good stuff!

You might have seen what it is I'm looking at building spread across a few threads.

The purpose behind this project is because of my 2 hobbies; paintball and off roading.

Paintball: Every year in June I attend the largest paintball event in the world known as Oklahoma D Day. Its a week long event with 3 hour games everyday and a 9 hour game on the last day. The best way to experience this festival of awesomeness is to camp on site of course. I've been tenting it every year so far but I'm ready to have my own little air conditioned heaven without having to leave the field and stay in a hotel. Also having something I can throw all our gear in and haul down there with is a huge plus. This hobby is also the reason for a small work bench across the front. I think I may make the actual work surface a kind of shadow box with my D Day "draft cards" and photos of past events sandwiched between lexan and wood. Its also the reason for the external water cooler holder. A gun and vest rack may also be included outside.

(Yes thats me right in front of the camera with my marker up and firing.)

Off roading: I've been wheeling for about 10 years now. Always been with jeeps too. My wife and I are wanting something a little more comfortable for camping trips with my jeep club. The trailer more than likely wont start out with the capabilities to handle rough trails but as long as it can make it down the highway and arrive at the trail head, I'm happy enough with that.

The tow vehicle.

So far I have a plan and I have a frame.

But, I havent gotten to see the frame up close and personal yet so I dont know what EXACTLY I'm going to do. I'm hoping to have it by the end of this weekend (my sister just had to decide to get married THIS weekend, lol). Once I have it, I can decide what to do and how to do it.

Will keep this thread going. I appreciate any and all advice you guys can give me. :worship:
jeepinjason51
Teardrop Inspector

Postby xddorox » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:13 pm

We seem to be starting with the same frame you and I. :)
xddorox
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Carl01234 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 am

You think the red mustang is up to pulling that trailer? :lol:
2nd Build 5x10 Benroy Complete! viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70427
Carl01234
Teardrop Master

Return to Build Journals