The Fiber-Stream ( aka The Giant Tylenol )

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby whitefishpoint » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:01 pm

doug hodder wrote:Nice to see someone trying the breadloaf thing. I've been toying around with a breadloaf design and have some rough ideas on paper, not as large on the radaii as you however. How did you seal the area between the glass corners and the frp? Is that a piece of trim that's on it? Looks great! Doug

The "trim" around the fiberglass corner caps is actually bondo.

You put masking tape down on each side of your seam, then put bondo on it about 1/4" thick. Smooth the bondo with a stick so its even thickness, then, before the starts to cure, pull the masking tape up.

It leaves a nice straight edge. Then sand it and paint it and it looks like molding.

If I had to do it over again I would pick a radius based on the circumference such that the distance from one side, up around the top and down the other side was exactly 8 feet.

The 2 ft radius gave me 104 inches instead of 96. Had to by extra FRP because of that.
whitefishpoint
Teardrop Advisor

Postby YuGun » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:01 am

an amazing build, thank to share photos
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 am

an amazing build, thank to share photos
YuGun
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Build Journals