Tool Recommendations

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Tool Recommendations

Postby Barefoot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Again, so many Search hits for the original post that I'll just post a new one. I used very few tools: a used jig saw; a cheap trim router; and a used builders square, all bought for the job, and my old hammer, tape measure and hand drill with bits, screw driving bit, and a rough-sanding disc. These were my most useful, nearly indispensable. I also made a tool from a short peice of 1x2 and little chunks of 5.2 mm siding on two adjacent sides, to dodge all the fancy addition when laying out construction, also almost indispensable. I actualy like hand sanding (yes!), so have never used a palm or belt sander.

I already had a hand saw, circular saw, and reciprocating metal saw and used them all some. The plastic miter box I already had was nearly useless. To do another TTT, I'd likely consider a compound table saw for better miters, rstraighter cut, and rip cuts. I ran across colored putty and used one on the lighter wood, and on the paneling used two parts of that and one part of another color, excellent when doing a clear finish. Caulk left showing also served as putty for white-painted items.
Barefoot
Teardrop Master

Return to Build Journals