Buckeye Build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Buckeye Build

Postby jon p » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 am

Hello all,
Here is the layout I am thinking about for my build. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Does anyone foresee any problems with this layout? To get an idea of what I am after here is my member introduction thread....
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=40049
I am not really interested in a galley and would rather have a grill mounted on the front of the trailer. I figure I can utilize more cabin space this way. I am looking for something small that can be pulled with a car, but could be used for longer periods such as weeks/months if I ever wanted.
Best regards,
Jon

jon p
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jiffypop207 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:52 am

Off the top of my head a couple thoughts. First you might want to swing the door out to enter the trailer. Second you might look into making the toilet the seat in your sit down shower which would be a better use of space and give more storage area and a small closet. I have walked through many a trailer at shows that put the toilet in the shower.

Adam
Jiffypop207
Teardrop Master

Postby jon p » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 pm

I picked up a frame today. Its going to need some work. I ran a thread on it asking for advice at this link.
http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=

Really liking the ability to document my build on this site so just wanted to say thanks to the community, mods, and site owner/owners for that!
jon p
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jon p » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Jiffypop207 wrote:Off the top of my head a couple thoughts. First you might want to swing the door out to enter the trailer. Second you might look into making the toilet the seat in your sit down shower which would be a better use of space and give more storage area and a small closet. I have walked through many a trailer at shows that put the toilet in the shower.

Adam

Thanks for all the advice so far Adam. I dont know what I was thinking where I made the door swing that way. Would be a waste of cabin space. I think I will go ahead and keep the toilet out of the shower. Not sure how I would feel about showering the same place where I go number 2.
jon p
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Build Journals