Pacific Northwest Generic Benroy build is DONE!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby ron grubb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 am

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=74437
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=74438

We started this under another build post, but after a few posts I was unable to log back on and keep posting. I just never had the time until we finished the tear last week to get a new user name. Our original post was under username "grubbr", Pacific Northwest Build, started posting on April 20, 2010.

Just want to thank everyone for all of their tips and help along the way!

For us this was a family affair and we posted some of our favorite build pics in the members photo album under "ron grubb" user name. Link is at the bottom of post. If you see something you have more questions on like electrical or what ever and don't see enough pics or information, email and I probably have more pics and info.

We are looking forward to having some camping fun and meeting some of
you on the road at upcoming events.

US Navy Retired
"Trust, but Verify" Ron Regan
ron grubb
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jdarkoregon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 am

Ron,

Congratulations!!!!

Looks like a great teardrop. If this really is your first post, I wish you had shared before.

I look forward to meeting you at some event soon too.

John :thumbsup:
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby YuGun » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 am

wow, Ä°t looks really good,
congrations,

:applause: :applause: :applause:
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby aggie79 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

Ron,

Your teardrop really looks nice. I hope you don't mind me posting your picture of it.

Sincerely,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:03 am

:thumbsup: Looks great!

Found your original build thread....

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 438#671438

If you have more pictures of the build, its never too late to post them! I'm sure everyone would love to see them!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 am

Congratulations on your new teardrop! :thumbsup: It looks like you did a good job and had a good build plan. I didn't notice pictures of the interior. Did you put any cabinets inside?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :beautiful: :relaxing: :wine party:
Very nice! I see you have a great place to camp and the TD looks great out there...

btw if you ever have a problem getting on just click on Email Admin. above and we will try to help. I am sorry I can't move your original thread over to this one but I can move the pictures if you would like.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dreadcptflint » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 am

Good job. Hope to see you out there.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Pacific Northwest Generic Benroy build is DONE! 1/5/11

Postby ron grubb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:21 am

Sharon,
Yes, we have cabinets on the inside. The senior partner wanted cabinets and a back rest on the forward wall. So I put in a false bulkhead about 26-30" high and slanted it like a seat back. I have hopes for making some storage inside there someday, but I need to gain some more wood working skills first. We posted more build pictures in the photo album today, including the cabin, cabinets and back rest.
Ron
US Navy Retired
ron grubb
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KenC » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 am

Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting, your build looks great. May I ask what you skinned the exterior with, I like the clean white look.
Last edited by KenC on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
KenC
Donating Member

Postby ron grubb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 am

KenC wrote:Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting, your build looks great. May I ask what you skinned the exterior with, I like the claen whit look.

Ken,
We used a flexible material called "TPO" Thermoplastic Polyolefin manufactured by a company called GenFlex. This standard commercial and industrial building roofing material. Genflex has great website with all kinds of product information. I filled an electronic request on their website and they sent me product samples and information. There are several other manufacturers of this type of material.
TPO is documented in other builds on this site and that is where I got the idea to use this on our tear. There are pros and cons, we have not had the tear operational long enough to give you a first hand recommendation.
I can tell our thought process for using it and how the installation went. We chose it for several reasons (1) available in white, I think I read somewhere that white actually reflects heat better than alum or stainless? So it will be cool in the summer. (2) Ease of installation, cutting it was a breeze, we tried gluing it on with contact cement, it looked like crap, it bubbled on us with 4 hours, then we used something called etherna bond double stick tape around the perimeter and it worked like a charm. (3) Cost, cheaper than alum or stainless. Additionally, we searched around and it took a few weeks, but we got some left over rements from a roofing contractor and glue for around a 100$.
If you do a site search here for TPO you can find some other builders that used it and ask them what they think now that they have had it in use for a while. We are happy so far. I will post some more pics of the TPO install on our build album and send you a PM.
ron
US Navy Retired
ron grubb
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Build Journals