My new not so tiny trailer... "The Chalet"

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Bumping this rather incredible story to see where this 54-footer lives now!

Where?! :lol:

[Edit:] ...I see you have a travel trailer in your sig - is that out at your property? Did you get that land?

I assume that this 54-footer rests where you found it for the time being?

Either way, your exploits are always an enjoyable read! I can empathize too, with your packaging materials stash... LOL.

Carry on. Look forward to hearing from you.

I've been out of the lo0p! (collecting Coleman - lol)

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Chris,

I am still living in the trailer park, but it is a nice park and I have met some new friends here. Things are progressing very well though.

My old house isn't selling, and since I found and bought the truck camper last week, I decided it was time, and put the Teardrop up for sale and it sold in about 3 days to a forum member for $6k.

The deal is set to complete tomorrow or the next day, then I will approach the guy with the land and see if he will take a slightly lower down payment. If so, I am in. Otherwise, it will have to wait until I sell the Town Car, and that won't happen until I get the Monte Carlo on the road.

As far as the Monte goes, I got it running Last Monday, so I am really progressing on it, and the only thing that is left at this point is to get exhaust put on it, then get it legal. I plan to put $1k from the Teardrop into my two old vehicles to get them in top condition, then sell the Town Car for $5k and that will give me $7k down for the land and $2k to get the Chalet moved and setup and leave me $1k for all the stuff that always comes up that you don't expect.

Since I am dedicated to building the standy, I went ahead and added it to my sig line when I added the truck camper. It is a changing of the guards so to speak and the teardrop will be retired shortly.

So you are catching me right on the precipice of change my friend! Thanks for checkin in!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby honeask » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Thomas, does the property you are wanting have water and power already? Hope digging a well is not in you future. Big bucks to be sure. We had to have poles set in the ground down the border of our (used to have) property then coming to the big barn we had. Seemed like it was money, money, money all the time but we did enjoy it while we had it.
I know you will like it when you get there.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby kinto » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:27 am

wow... that looks slick...

:thumbsup:
Is a hippopotamus just a really cool opotamus?

imay ildbay urnaljay

kinto
Gold Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 am

Hi Sandy,

Yup the septic and all utilities are already there, it is undisturbed wilderness except for a small clearing where there was a mobile home previously set up. I always check into things like that ahead of time :)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals