Bed & Breakfast Teardrop Build Completed

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

Well I finally finished our Bed & Breakfast Teardrop Trailer build, except for an ever-changing list of options that I plan to install later. Let's face it, are they ever completely finished?

We brought it to the American Cancer Societies RELAY FOR LIFE this weekend. This is a fund raiser where you have a team of up to 15 people that take turns walking the track for 24 hours. My daughter is the second in command at this event, and it takes most of her time running fund-raisers throughout the year, and planning this event. Her mother passed away in 1997 to breast cancer, and I think she would be very proud of what my daughter has accomplished.

I would urge all Teardroppers to contact their locall chapter of the ACS and find out where your closest RELAY FOR LIFE is being held, and become a part of this great event. There are 5,000 Relays that are held every year, so you can usually find one that is close to where you live.

Well here are some pictures of the final build. Hope you like them. Please give me any constructive criticisms or ideas. This is my first build, and I am planning the 2nd build. I had 3 people at the relay that were very interested, and took my phone number.

I will have some pictures up shortly.[/url]
" There are as many ways to build a Teardrop as there are Teardrop Builders. Create Your Own."
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Bed and Breakfast Teardrop finally completed

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Mon May 16, 2011 10:27 am

Well, here are the pictures I promised.

This is the finished inside back cabinets with stereo and shoe boxes
Here is a picture of the completed Galley
Here are the front cabinets completed
Front storage box and battery compartment
Another shot of the storage box.
The completed Galley
Gametable, Cooler cover, attached to the back of the Teardrop
Another shot of gametable
Another shot of gametable

Knife rack installed in the center of Galley, along with the wine glass rack.
My set-up at the Relay For Life Cancer Walk. The theme was "LUAU"
Another picture of the set-up
Another picture of the set-up

WE LOVE our little Teardrop trailer, and we get such a kick out of the response that we get when people see it. I hope to make a small side business out of it. So if anyone is interested in a Teardrop, e-mail me at [email protected].
I am working on a design for a small 4 x 7 with a fulll kitchen in it. I'll try to post some of the early drawings to get some feedback. You have all been so great at heading me in the right direction, and making decisions when I come to a fork in the road.
Thank You!!
Last edited by Ken's Teardrop on Mon May 16, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
" There are as many ways to build a Teardrop as there are Teardrop Builders. Create Your Own."
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby TBuilder » Mon May 16, 2011 10:39 am

Wow, the attention to detail is awesome!
Great job!

My only dealings with ACS has been a phone call, but the lady I spoke with was great. Made my day, actually. They're good people.
TBuilder
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mezmo » Tue May 17, 2011 12:00 am

Great looking build!

I especially like the contrasting woods details on the
cabinetry.

You've done yourself proud!
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 am

Looks great and I love some of the decorative touches. :D
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:38 am

:thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

Beautiful teardrop and incredible woodwork! I really like the wine rack and game table.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 pm

TBuilder wrote:Wow, the attention to detail is awesome!
Great job!

My only dealings with ACS has been a phone call, but the lady I spoke with was great. Made my day, actually. They're good people.

I appreciate your comments. It looks like you are starting a build. If you need any help, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Ken & Kay
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

mezmo wrote:Great looking build!

I especially like the contrasting woods details on the
cabinetry.

You've done yourself proud!

Thanks for your comments. I know I'm just a newbee, but I really loved building my Teardrop, and can't wait to start on #2. I have more of a background in woodworking than any of the other skills it takes to build one, so I hope that the quality gets better as I build more. I do like the way the interior and the cabinets turned out on this one. It is a very comfortable teardrop.

Thanks Again

Ken & Kay
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:Looks great and I love some of the decorative touches. :D

Your Teardrops are beautiful. The craftsmanship is great. You must have had alot of experience with building mobile homes, or cabinets, or something. What is your experience, and where did you learn your skills?

Ken & kay
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby CliffinGA » Tue May 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Ken just a beautiful tear that shows your love of wood working! I also have been doing Relay for Life with my wife, who is on her schools team. I go to support her and in rememberance of my family members 6 who have passed and 2 survivors. We had our small tear at this years relay and had a ball answering questions about it. Keep enjoying your tear and supporting your daughter in the race for the cure.

Cliff & Sheri :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pete42 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 am

Not only does your trailer look great but it has to be the first one to ever wear a hula skirt....... :D

Is that a baby talyor guitar? and have you visited their shop?

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Deryk the Pirate » Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 am

Looks Great! The galley is very impressive includeing the knife rack! Great Job!
Build Thread lil vardo 1: http://tinyurl.com/baqe6py
Build Thread lil vardo 2: http://tinyurl.com/b3rwffm
Deryk the Pirate
500 Club

Postby DMcCam » Wed May 18, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Ken, I love your attention to detail! Excellent Teardrop you've created sir! Thank you for sharing it. :applause:

Cheers,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Wed May 18, 2011 5:24 pm

CliffinGA wrote:Ken just a beautiful tear that shows your love of wood working! I also have been doing Relay for Life with my wife, who is on her schools team. I go to support her and in rememberance of my family members 6 who have passed and 2 survivors. We had our small tear at this years relay and had a ball answering questions about it. Keep enjoying your tear and supporting your daughter in the race for the cure.

Cliff & Sheri :thumbsup:

Cliff & Sheri
Thanks for your kind words, and thank you for doing Relay For Life. It is such a great cause. Your Tear sure looked cute at the event. Very creative idea. I am going to try and get some other Teardrop couples interested in the event next year. We have quite a few in the area that have Teardrops, so I am hoping to get some of them together and start a group. Wish me luck!

Ken & Kay
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ken's Teardrop » Wed May 18, 2011 5:34 pm

pete42 wrote:Not only does your trailer look great but it has to be the first one to ever wear a hula skirt....... :D

Is that a baby talyor guitar? and have you visited their shop?

pete

Hi Pete,
No it's not a Baby Taylor guitar. It's a Koa Ukelele that I bought in Hawaii. I do have aTaylor 410 CE that I love. I play Chet Atkins, Tommy Emmanuel style, and also some old time Boogie Woogie and Fingerpicking Blues. No, I haven't been to the Taylor shop yet, and it is so close to where we live. I am thinking that I may have to take my guitar in to get some new frets installed pretty soon.
Do you play Guitar? What style?

Ken & Kay
Ken's Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Build Journals