JONNYO little cargo, teardrop trailer!!!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby jonnyo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:25 pm

The finishing sheets are 1/8 rv inside siding that i got from Windsor Plywood in penticton, bc. They have lots of different choices, patern, color and molding matching. About 25$ to 30$ a sheet of 4X8

i have tried to play with cardbord to see what a ''kitchen'' would look like at the back....scratching my head right now, how to make this?!!!

jonnyo
Teardrop Master

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:35 am

Love the overhead storage cupboards...but why not all the way across ??
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:23 am

In the raw it looks a great deal like ours, a Grasshopper design. Upper cabinets need to accommodate sink and or stove (the reason to not have continuous cabinets overhead and a food preparation flow from one to the other.

I will be interested in the final weight.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby jonnyo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 am

Shadow Catcher, what material did you use for the countertop? I have seen similar material at the box stores but it s very heavy and i would prefer to find something lighter.

I really like your kitchen galley, and i want something very similar but with the gap in the middle for the stove. I m also looking at a small sink that could be used with a manual pump? Are they making such thing? I wont be having a water thank but the idea of having one of those normal 10gallon bottle under the sink for drinking water is a simple option.

Also are you cupboard in massive wood?

I m hoping to not go over 700lbs.... i think i m in the 520-50lbs right now. I better think wisely about this kitchen build.
jonnyo
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:40 am

Standard over the fridge cabinets are a real quick and easy way to add cabinets to a teardrop. Built light but stroung with good industrial glues they take the time element out of building your own. I used manafactured cabinets in the barn build and have been real happy with them. I bought from a salvage store where he stocks overruns and seconds and they were far cheaper than I could have bought the components and finishing supplies.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:37 pm

The laminate is available separate from any backing and is self adhesive with heat and pressure . I used a heat gun on similar counter top in our kitchen. the cabinets are not light weigh and are oak. the sink is a bar type sink that the faucet is a pull out sprayer. We have a 6 gal gas/electric water heater 10 gal fresh water and 16 gal gray water tank with a surflo pump.
Our trailer is about 1500# but is a 6X10 with all of the goodies (see album) and while I did not build most of it I did finish it. One thing to remember when you do the top is to caulk the edges with the back splash.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Koko65 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:32 am

Nice job Jonathan. If you need help with the kitchen cabinets I might be able to help out. It's not just around the corner but we are not that far away from each other. Your resources are limited and I have a nice table saw that is good for that sort of work. You can PM me if ou are interested. I am busy with my own build, but cabinets would not take that long to build.

Onno
Onno
Okanagan Valley, BC.

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

Build Journal viewtopic.php?f=50&t=46312
Koko65
Teardrop Master

Postby jonnyo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:23 pm

it s been very busy lately so not much time to play on the trailer. it s driving my insane...i want to finish it so i can go winter camping! A trip to Banff in feburary!

So i have to work in sub 0 weather outside! lots of fun.

This time , attacking the kitchen and with no knowledge of how to do things, lets just say not everything is straight but it will work and be practical and its mine so i m proud of it!!! having lots of fun!

counter is pine,

i might make real door or simply use the open holes and make them door flush with the rest of it.... if so, i need to sand them and straigh up those cuts.... but how?!?! jigsaw was my only tool and i think i would have need something else...

jonnyo
Teardrop Master

Postby Facemeltingly Epic » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Just finished reading your full build thread. Very nice!

BTW, my trailer (see the link in my tagline if you want to check it out) is probably a bit heavier than yours. I tow it behind a '91 Miata without much trouble, as long as I'm not dealing with significant crosswind. Your Subaru should barely break a sweat. :)
Scot

My build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=42585

Not enough photos there? Try here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... c3e73ca184

Or here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... cf567dd7b7

"Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often, and for the same reason." - Mark Twain
Facemeltingly Epic
Teardrop Master

Re: JONNYO little cargo, teardrop trailer!!!

Postby LessisMore » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Nudge!
LessisMore
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Build Journals