The Tomabago Tear Drop

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

The Tomabago Tear Drop

Postby Socal Tom » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 am

I took the week Thanksgiving off, so my son and I made another shot at geode hunting . We drove from San Diego to the Hauser geode bed area near Palo Verde CA. We left Saturday after his minecon event. We took a short cut recommended by google maps that took us down a section of the Bradshaw trail. It’s a good thing we were in a Jeep, some sections were a bit soft, so I put it in 4wd, but no worries, about 30 mikes of dirt road and Jeep trail later we picked a spot to set up camp.

Weather was nice, but a little breezy. I ended up putting the stove in the back of the Jeep to cook, but otherwise a nice weekend. We found a handful of small geodes, and completely wore ourselves out, but had a good time. We didn’t see another soul until Sunday afternoon, and he went searching at the other end of the valley.Image
Geodes, pen for scale

On the way out we took the more direct route and only drove about 22 miles of dirt, it was slower going, but we saved about 30 mikes of highway. All my recent upgrades worked great.
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Re: The Tomabago Tear Drop

Postby Socal Tom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:06 pm

I took my son and one of his friends on a quick trip Friday to the Yaqui well primitive camp ground in the Anza Borrego desert. Low was 42, highs were in the mid-70s ( apologies to you folks freezing ). After breakfast Saturday we broke camp and went to the wind caves and the slot. Too popular places in the AB. ImageImageImage
We were home by 4 Saturday. It was a fun day.

Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby pchast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Wow, great trip. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the pictures.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

AB is on the bucket list. I would like to get there for a super bloom.

KTM_Guy
500 Club

Previous

Return to Build Journals