4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Paint almost done

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: 4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Update Sep, 15 Roof on

Postby TRP » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Your progress is looking great! Where did you pick up the 12V cigarette lighter plugs? they look like just what I'm looking for.

Ted
TRP
Silver Donating Member

Re: 4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Update Sep, 15 Roof on

Postby volvoman62 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 pm

TRP wrote:Your progress is looking great! Where did you pick up the 12V cigarette lighter plugs? they look like just what I'm looking for.

Ted

I got them on ebay. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/140809078666?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 They were the cheapest I could find kinda hard to install cause they are just over 1 inch and a little to small for 1 1/4 inches, I ended up going with 1 1/4 and you can see a tiny gap.
volvoman62
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Update Doors Almost Don

Postby volvoman62 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Roof on and trimed.

First tow to go pick up memory foam from my friend.

Doors almost built just have to add hinge and trim.
volvoman62
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Update Doors Almost Don

Postby volvoman62 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 am

Paint is ordered. I went with a gallon of interlux inter-prime wood sealer, it is supposed to penetrate and fill high and low spots. Then a gallon of the blu white brightsides paint, it says you can paint straight over the sealer with this. Also got a half pint of flag blue to do a zig zag stripe down the side. Time will tell if the interlux wood sealer will do as well as the CPES.
volvoman62
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Update paint

Postby volvoman62 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Well we have the paint on and the design done on one side. Butyl tape came yesterday so we can permanently put the trim on the side thats finished and permanently put the fantastic fan in.

Here is the paint before design. I used the Interlux Brighsides in blu glo white.

Here is the design done on one side with the Brighsides flag blue. Its a little darker than we thought but we still like it.
volvoman62
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 4x8 Generic Benroy in Washington Paint almost done

Postby txcamper » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 am

I like the design! Looking great!
txcamper
Teardrop Master

Postby djdawg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 am

You're inspiring me....very nice! What is a paper bag floor?
Kevin
Bellingham, WA
djdawg
Teardrop Master

Postby Junkboy999 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 am

volvoman62

She looking great. love the blue stripe.

djdawg wrote:You're inspiring me....very nice! What is a paper bag floor?

djdawg
Take look at this thread on brown paper floor. Some are so nice.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49572&hilit=paper+bag+leaf
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pohukai » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

Beautiful paint job. I'm almost to that point as well and was thinking of using Interlux. Was a gallon of primer and gallon of paint too much? How many coats did you apply? Any problem with paint sags on the vertical walls? Did you use brush or spray to apply?

Great job!
pohukai
Teardrop Master

Postby TRP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 am

pohukai wrote:Beautiful paint job. I'm almost to that point as well and was thinking of using Interlux. Was a gallon of primer and gallon of paint too much? How many coats did you apply? Any problem with paint sags on the vertical walls? Did you use brush or spray to apply?

Great job!

Looks like he used a roller for the white. If you look closely at the photos of the side, you can see what appears to be roller marks on the blue painters tape along the bottom edge.

Looking good,
Ted
TRP
Silver Donating Member

Postby volvoman62 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm

pohukai wrote:Beautiful paint job. I'm almost to that point as well and was thinking of using Interlux. Was a gallon of primer and gallon of paint too much? How many coats did you apply? Any problem with paint sags on the vertical walls? Did you use brush or spray to apply?

Great job!

We used almost the whole gallon of white. I think we did 5 or 6 coats. It took about 3 weeks to finish the painting but we didn't paint every day and waited full days per coat. I had a few sags in the beginning because I was trying to put it on to thick. We did use a roller and it was super easy, I tried a mohair and foam roller and both worked good. During the time we were painting the temps changed, The starting of painting it was about 70 in the garage and finishing the last few coats it got down to about 30. It was definitely easier to get runs when it was hotter but also it smoothed out really nice without tipping. We tried tipping in the beginning but it didn't seem necessary the rolling gave it kind of a orange peel that looked nice and hid imperfections.
volvoman62
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Build Journals