Nano Weekender: becomes a mockup

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Nano Weekender: Working on 2nd side

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm

dogscats wrote:I like the look of this so thanks. Do you have the measurement for the roof line .At least where the break is in the top. Tried to find on sketch up. a again thanks

Here's a pdf with the profile of the side walls. That should get you going!

http://tnttt.com/images/2014/nano_weeke ... rawing.pdf

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: Nano Weekender: Dry Assembled!

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm getting old and forgetful but I remember them being cut all the way through. I wish I had taken pics but I don't think I did.Your rabbits would give you strength and accurate positioning.
Looks like you still got snow. It's in the 70's here today and tomorrow but down to 28 tomorrow night that's life in MO.

Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Yep, we've still got snow.

One last photo for today... you can see I still have to cut the floor/subfloor on an angle to match the wall angle!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:35 pm

I am getting old I just noticed somethings missing NO WHEELS :R
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby working on it » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:58 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:I am getting old I just noticed somethings missing NO WHEELS :R
Gary
With snow on the ground, just use it as a sled. I wish that I could do so, just in case I don't get my replacement axle in time for camping.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Nano Weekender: Cut the first side! Pics!

Postby Cantputt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm

chimpta wrote:Mike I see your point. A picture is worth a thousand words. Trying to find a compromise between ease of construction, functionality and having something I will love camping in. You give me much to :thinking: about.
Mark

Do a search for Silver Sword in the build journals. A little more "shape" than the box you were pointed to. Quick, easy, great use of space. Been using the crap out of it.
Cantputt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dogscats » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Thank you . Just what I need .I bough a kit and have lost most of the parts. So may try this one first
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Re: Nano Weekender: Cut the first side! Pics!

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:59 am

mikeschn wrote:

Mike...

Do we have a site that is just on different doors and how they are made?

I am trying to remember how Steve B. showed me how to build the ones for the Box Kite and now I am about to do the Cross Bow your example will probably be the direction I go but I just wondered?

Ron Dickey
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Ron,

No, there isn't a separate site for building doors.

The picture you have in your post is just the first layer of sticks.

The 2nd layer of sticks looks like this...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:04 am

I dry assembled the galley cabinets yesterday.

When designing this really small trailer one of the things I tried to do was keep the inside plenty spacious. The downside of that is you lose a lot of storage. There is no storage in the galley for pots and pans and stuff. So it ends up in a box on the counter, which is not ideal if you want to use your galley as a galley rather than storage.

Because the floor is only 7' and the bed is almost 7', there is no way to add storage underneath the galley counter. Therefore this nano weekender becomes mostly a sleeper only. :(

Mike...

P.S. Chell suggested that I add shelves in the galley and use it strictly for storage. Set up on a table for cooking!
mikeschn
Site Admin

Nano Weekender: Dry Assembled!

Postby MrMatt » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:37 am

mikeschn wrote:I dry assembled the galley cabinets yesterday.

When designing this really small trailer one of the things I tried to do was keep the inside plenty spacious. The downside of that is you lose a lot of storage. There is no storage in the galley for pots and pans and stuff. So it ends up in a box on the counter, which is not ideal if you want to use your galley as a galley rather than storage.

Because the floor is only 7' and the bed is almost 7', there is no way to add storage underneath the galley counter. Therefore this nano weekender becomes mostly a sleeper only. :(

Mike...

P.S. Chell suggested that I add shelves in the galley and use it strictly for storage. Set up on a table for cooking!

Is it too late to add under bed storage boxes? The HF trailer has some pretty nice big voids in the frame.
MrMatt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:11 am

No it's not too late to add storage boxes under the bed. Storage can also be gained by building a tongue box, as well as the inside box in front of the pillows.

But this design doesn't lend itself well to using the galley as a galley. The stove is relatively close to the roof of the teardrop compared to say, a Benroy.

So Chell is right when she suggested that the galley be used for storage only.

The other thing I am going to do is look at adding additional storage above the foot of the bed, and making the cabin area a little smaller.

Mike...

MrMatt wrote:
mikeschn wrote:I dry assembled the galley cabinets yesterday.

Mike...

Is it too late to add under bed storage boxes? The HF trailer has some pretty nice big voids in the frame.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby MrMatt » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:13 am

I forget where I saw it but someone on here had made channels that could accommodate rubbermade type containers as drawers under the footbox area. I thought that was cool.
MrMatt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 am

MrMatt wrote:I forget where I saw it but someone on here had made channels that could accommodate rubbermade type containers as drawers under the footbox area. I thought that was cool.

Yea, I kinda remember that too. That storage would be easily accessible from the inside, but not the outside, on the Nano Weekender design!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby High Desert » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:32 am

This is really a cool design Mike, I'm enjoying watching it evolve. 8)

For a bit extra galley space, maybe something like a small tabletop that could fold or slide out of the galley when the hatch is open, or one that stores inside and would hang on the side (or sides) when you're set up at camp? :thinking:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals