Cross Bow / trolley / renamed little blue trolley

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Cross Bow / trolley / renamed little blue trolley

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:41 pm

switch plate almost done. I had to add 2 more screw holes to keep plate flat. Then I get to make one for the other side. Using brass screws to hold plate on.
devises on drivers side plate left to right inside lights, DC plug, Stereo head phone plug, reading light switch.
devises on riders side plate left to right outside lights, and the rest the same things.

I drilled most of the holes on this plate with a drill plate not some cracking. The other side will be drilled with these.
note hole on the right is rough and cracked the hole on the left smooth and straight.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:18 pm

I am starting work on the back wall of the cabin and the galley. About to drill the send plate for the switches at the front of cabin for my side of the trailer. I have some new fun ideas for the galley which I will share when I get father in. It will have 6 pull outs 2 top 4 bottom. The trolly top windows are still in the works as is the top fan.

I have all the parts for the doors just have to figure how to put it all together.

what I hate is when I cut a board set it a side and then later I can not remember what I cut it for. I have to remember write on it what it is.

The hatch is still not skinned but I found the side of the hatch and the body have holes so I have new ideas on I do not want to start over on the hatch, so I am thinking of putting in windblocks that will keep the weather out too.

I am thinking of mounting the tire above the tung. Laying it flat and using it for a table.

I need to climb under and finish the wires for the transport lights, it gets to one to be under it for so long. When it gets to me I move on to new or old parts and that is how I end up with a pc that I have know idea what it is. :?

Still working on it.
Ron

I still try and put in at least 15 min of work a day. Much of that is drawing out my next step.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 pm

:thumbsup: Good to hear that you are still pushing ahead. Are you going to try to have it done for IRG, next summer?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 am

S. Heisley wrote::thumbsup: Good to hear that you are still pushing ahead. Are you going to try to have it done for IRG, next summer?

That was my plan but there is to much against me. I could pay and hope I do not back out. I do miss seeing all you folks. Have not pulled the boxkite sense the accident coming home from the IRG. The cars struts are bad and need replacement. Next year Los Osos starts billing us for the new $183 million project. It will cost us $2000 to $10000 to connect to it. So money may be a little tight by then. Time to move to the country ;)

My plan with the trailer is when we are not camping with it. To back it up to beside the house and use it as the kitchen for the back patio :thumbsup: So when we do go camping it will always be ready to camp.

I am about to put the plexiglass switch plates in place.
working on the galley, I have not found the answer for the trolley windows, Doors are beginning to be designed, Saddle bags are still in the works. Galley is designed just have to make it.

http://www.vintagetrailerrestorationca.com/gallery.html
I have a new friend who restores vintage trailers. He has come into Home Depot for years but I found he lives down the street from my best friend. So maybe I can come to his shop and get some ideas.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 am

There is a type of clear plastic(?) plexiglass type material that is made especially for windows. I don't know if that's what you used or not.
If you have an Orchard Supply Hardware store near you, check there. They carry it.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:20 am

S. Heisley wrote:There is a type of clear plastic(?) plexiglass type material that is made especially for windows. I don't know if that's what you used or not.
If you have an Orchard Supply Hardware store near you, check there. They carry it.

Thanks I will see what they have and then compare to what I have.

I got a 2x4 x 8 cut it up to make the frame for the doors I will need to lay it out with the Wiley Window in the middle to better under stand my dimensions. I have the hinges and the door hardware. It will be a hollow door like my last one on the boxkite. Once I have the 2x4 cut and cut each in half on the small table saw I will have wood for both doors.

I have many other things on my plate or I would be much farther along. Many of those things will be settled but then next march I will need to connect to The Los Osos sewer.
Then I will need to go camping more to get away from it all. :roll: :vroom: I can still us the boxkite but would rather use the new trailer. I keep pluging away at it.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun May 15, 2016 12:01 pm

working on the doors. making the edges of each sheet before cutting out the window holes for the Wiley windows. get the doors put together and attach the Wiley window parts. put on the hinges and the door opening device.
Where is a good place to get T mounts, now that Grant is retired?
Need to get a new plywood cut for the rear galley and rethink the windows for the trolley top. my make them each into a Wiley window.
I plan to make the tire into a table mounted on the tung. Still working that out but it will make a good counter weight for the rear. :thumbsup:

Ron working on it between :? new sewer hookup Los Osos, ca, need to put in now low flow toilet in mine and mother in laws and low flow air raders in all sinks, weed whacking 1 1/2 ac. of land, and work. I shouid be totally shot and broke by this time next year. :cigar: $> but on the bright side I'll still have all my teardrop friends. :goodmorning:
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Starting on doors getting ready to cut out where the windows go. I am also trying to build my own T-Molding for around the outside of the doors.
These are just test pc's made of soft wood the real one will be hard wood. these cut on a table saw but that gets dangerous. I will try some with a router table.
beginning to get back to working on the teardrop. After digging a 3foot deep 25' long trench for my sewer line. and to think if I put all that energy on the teardrop I could be camping this summer.
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 pm

Ron, :thinking: check into using the San Luis Obispo Makerspace. :thumbsup: With a local library card you can use their wood shop tools FOR FREE! It might be a big help for you to make parts for your teardrop.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:35 pm

Esteban wrote:Ron, :thinking: check into using the San Luis Obispo Makerspace. :thumbsup: With a local library card you can use their wood shop tools FOR FREE! It might be a big help for you to make parts for your teardrop.

I did not realize they were in that complex, I worked on the trailer yesterday. trying to finish the wall between the galley and the sleeping area. Thought my compressor had dies but it came back to life. 8)
I have several areas to finish.
doors and cut outs for windows.... frame and walls cut.... 75% done
back wall isolation and inside surface with cut out for slide through. ... Frame almost done
inside walls attachment and boards the cover seems. 80% done
window covering for trolley top, and doors...... started windows cut trolley top... ready to cut walls of doors for window.
Buy and install cover for outside hatch ... hatch done just no skin 95% done
finish wires under trailer 75% done.
lights attached for stop and clearance done.... may add ones to hatch skin.
Fun project ... am working on spare tire at front of trailer will swing up to be come a small table at front of trailer.
Galley... basic support for ledge done... have sink.... will be last thing to be done.
wiring for lights for cabin, under each door outside, leading to hatch, and speaker wire are done. 100%
Painting of outside done except hatch.
Frame done, will add a compartment under the rear to hold extra table. it will drop down. front side of compartment will be curved to match curves of rear part of side saddle
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108&start=75 look at bottom of page and see drawings done by Terry, Junkboy999
Trolley top done execpt window and working fan.
Floor done
Side saddles are still a dream 10% done.

The sewer thing is not done I still need to insall low water divices in house 1.5 gpm and a 1.28 gpm toilet. :NC but I am attached to the city sewer $$$ ;)
I work on the trailer for relief. :lol: :laughter: :rofl2:
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:59 am

:oops: Considering the short timer I gave my self at the beginning of this build and I was doing well, because I was mostly building the same trailer I had built before except for the round front. Then Doug brought up the Trolley idea and then I was in a new world :oops: Leaning new things and how to do them.
Steve B helped me build the doors on the boxkite my first trailer (5 yr build) and now the cross bow started in 2013 or 14 and now it is 2017.
The build stopped but the drawings and ideas kept flowing. I even tried 15 min. builds for a while but life had other curves for me and the build stopped. I have one more thing to do for the Los Osos sewer and maybe I can resume. My wife will not let me retire so I keep working a job too.
Here is where I am at.
1. Doors need to be put together and window wholes cut, door nobs be put on, hinges installed. Have all parts.
2. Rear hatch is ready for the outside skin need to buy wood for it. have locks Wiring is ready on hatch.
3. Spare tire was to go on front but now I have metal to mount it under the carriage near the front.
4. Trolley top is built but the window coverings I think I have finally figured out.
117184 117111 I want to keep the plastic and plan to cut out a wood frame with hinges at the bottom and The wood frame would copy the plastic shape only bigger to reinforce the plastic.
5. The back of the trolley top will have fans from computers and a plastic lid to keep cold air out when fans are not in use.
6. The Galley is designed but no where started.
7. Some wiring needed under carriage for road lights. but lights are installed until I have the saddle bag sides made to replace the basic rear trailer lights.
:twisted: my thinking is if I can get the basic trailer made and licensed, I can take it out camping before the complete trailer is done :NC
this was I will better know what is missing and the add ons that are missing can be improved.
8. I need to build the wall between the galley and the cabin.
9. under the rear I plan to build a box to hold a table to aid my wife in her cooking and clean up.

I the time I have been working on this trailer the things that have changed. LED's have improved, Sound systems no longer need wires but lots of small batteries, Solar have jumped leaps and bounds, Laser cutting systems, and 3 d printers for a start.

Trailers have changed in so many ways and yet still look basically the same. Soon Siri will trouble shoot your trailer.
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:51 pm

I won a amazon fire last Christmas, it has a camera on it. So I was able to down load closer shots from it.
147070... 147071 ...
a little shackey and at time out of focus but you get the idea.
147069... 147072... 147074
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 pm

I am still here. I have been working on the screens that go over the windows on the trolley top. I have them cut and ready to sand then I can attach them and start work on the swing out windows on the outside of the trolley top. The plastic that I cut to go inside the top will now go on the outside with a wood frame.
Hinges will be put on top and arms will go through the screen and push the windows out.

The doors are ready to be built. I have all the hardware and will start on them after the screen.

The front I find is very heavy and will hope that when I put in the galley it will offset the weight.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I will try and pull it out of the garage soon so I can attach the skin over that galley hatch and take some photo's so you can see where I am at with this monster of a project.

:D Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:31 pm

My windows will be much like these
if you look at the upper shot you will see a window and a screen in the lower corners they put sheet metal and drilled holes in them. a rod pushes the outside window out and pulls it in.

I have made the screens and am about to assemble them.
I used metal screening and sprayed them with anti rust spray paint white in color so they would not rust. painted the wood, then drilled holes for them to work with the rods like in the photo.

I should have shots of them soon

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals